needing a good antivirus for my laptop

swapnesh mishra

Honorable
Feb 27, 2013
Hello,
I am Swapnesh Mishra from India.I am using Quick heal total security 2013 antivirus which makes my laptop run very smooth till now.It is going to be expired in 18 days..........so i am thinking of purchasing bit defender total security with one year protection.i do play high graphics game,surfing and downloading from internet,watching movies,listening music etc(i.e. all entertaining things)........so will it be good for my laptop or any other suggestions?Please reply.......

system configuration:-

Model-sony vaio f15218snw
Processor-core i5-3337u
Ram-4gb
Hard disk-500gb
Graphics-geforce gt 740m 64-bit 1gb

Thanks in advance

Solution
G
Use Avast! Antivirus Free. It's an extremely powerful free alternative, and as long as you don't go on dangerous or suspicious sites, you should be good with just that. And don't use AVG Free. I don't think it's NEARLY as good as Avast. But, yeah, don't waste your money on virus software since, from your description of what you do, it doesn't seem like you really need the paid kind. Go with the free kind; it's a decent choice.

swapnesh mishra

Honorable
Feb 27, 2013

i use all kind of sites..............so does a free version of avast or avg is enough to protect my laptop and will it run smoothly as it was running in quick heal?

drapacioli

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2010
If you download from questionable sites or from torrents, purchase something with active protection like Norton or AVG IS, otherwise free will work and you can use the built-in firewall from Windows. I use AVG Free on my laptop with Windows 8's firewall, I've yet to have a problem, but I'm also careful not to download from or visit sites that I'm unfamiliar with.

G

Use Avast! Antivirus Free. It's an extremely powerful free alternative, and as long as you don't go on dangerous or suspicious sites, you should be good with just that. And don't use AVG Free. I don't think it's NEARLY as good as Avast. But, yeah, don't waste your money on virus software since, from your description of what you do, it doesn't seem like you really need the paid kind. Go with the free kind; it's a decent choice.

Solution