Needing Drivers for a Toshiba... again

thejrod2yasaves

Honorable
Oct 15, 2013
Hi People. I have here a
Toshiba Satellite L855-S5309.
PART NO. XC353849Q
that needs drivers. This Laptop came with Windows 8 installed but the HDD lost all of it's Data when attempting to Reinstall/Recover Windows. The baby unplugged the machine.
Luckily I had an extra copy of Windows 7 Ultimate. Which I installed with no problem until I began to download drivers. Now the machine is very slow. Takes anywhere from 1.5 minutes to 3.5 minutes to boot to Windows. And even then it runs slow.
I think I found all the correct drivers from toshiba.com but I cant figure out why it still running so slow.
Since this machine was build for Windows 8 would it be okay to say that the drivers wont work well with this specific machine? Even though the drivers are for win 7?
I just need the help and any pointers would be greatly appreciated. Thank u guys so much for All of the help you have given me in the past and more than likely continue to do so In the future. :)

Solution
While windows 7 might work, the hardware, and conversely, the software, are designed for one another to be compatible. (At least that's how it's supposed to work. Opinions on success in that area are widely varied and in constant flux.) In most cases a system runs better with the designed OS installed. In some cases that doesn't hold true but if you're having issues with the Windows 7 drivers either there is a problem with one of the drivers or maybe you need to update the BIOS to the most recent version for better hardware compatibility.

If it originally had windows 8 and you still have a readable sticker with the license key you should be able to download an ISO image from the Microsoft website to install it with. You can then...
While windows 7 might work, the hardware, and conversely, the software, are designed for one another to be compatible. (At least that's how it's supposed to work. Opinions on success in that area are widely varied and in constant flux.) In most cases a system runs better with the designed OS installed. In some cases that doesn't hold true but if you're having issues with the Windows 7 drivers either there is a problem with one of the drivers or maybe you need to update the BIOS to the most recent version for better hardware compatibility.

If it originally had windows 8 and you still have a readable sticker with the license key you should be able to download an ISO image from the Microsoft website to install it with. You can then install classic shell which will make the desktop and user interface look just like windows 7, or XP if you prefer, while retaining all of the improved hardware support of Windows 8 behind the scenes so to speak.

Solution