Needing help for Nvidia graphics card!!

5855rasa

Estimable
Jan 1, 2015
So i have a laptop which i got about a year ago(Lenovo y510p with nvidia gt 700 something).One day i opened up a game,at first opened but then became a black screen.I tried opening my task manager but whenever i did something it was like my laptop was in slow motion(Mouse cursior would move very slowly and laggy) and then there will be a blue screen of death and my laptop restarts and keep on doing the same whenever i use it to run a game or application.I have tried:
1)Reinstall Nvidia drivers
2)Disabling and renabling from device manager(It says that its working fine)
3.Updating and trying older versions of Nvidia drivers

(Nvidia graphics card is currently disabled on my laptop,Im using a intergrated hd intel 4600)

This problem is making me very frustrated for i cant play high graphical games anymore.

If anyone know a solution to this problem it would be gladly appricated.Thanks :)

Solution
If you can, run Lenovo's factory recovery (if you're using Windows 8 or 8.1, you can use the "Reset" feature in Windows to do this). BACK UP YOUR DATA BEFORE DOING THIS! Factory recoveries always result in loss of personal data and programs; it puts the laptop back to its out-of-the-box condition.

You might be able to resolve this without resorting to a recovery, but it's difficult to troubleshoot this step by step without being in front of the laptop (and time consuming for you), so a recovery may be your quickest/most efficient way of getting things back on track.

If the recovery does not work, you may be looking at defective hardware.

bicycle_repair_man

Honorable
Jan 10, 2014
A BSOD is either driver or hardware related, so I'd completely uninstall the Nvidia drivers and restart the computer before reinstalling them again. Failing that, and if the computer works fine with Intel HD graphics, then you probably have a faulty GPU.

If you can, run Lenovo's factory recovery (if you're using Windows 8 or 8.1, you can use the "Reset" feature in Windows to do this). BACK UP YOUR DATA BEFORE DOING THIS! Factory recoveries always result in loss of personal data and programs; it puts the laptop back to its out-of-the-box condition.

You might be able to resolve this without resorting to a recovery, but it's difficult to troubleshoot this step by step without being in front of the laptop (and time consuming for you), so a recovery may be your quickest/most efficient way of getting things back on track.

If the recovery does not work, you may be looking at defective hardware.

Solution