Netflix Could Raise Fee to $15 and Keep Customers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zepid

Honorable
Jan 14, 2014
"Amazon recently raised the price of its Prime video service by $20 to $99 per year."

Toppest of keks Tom's Guide, I don't think you are getting enough oxygen. Customers stomach that price hike for Amazon Prime not because of its sub-prime rental service, but for the free 2-day shipping to anywhere in the USA, and 1-day shipping for 3.99. Not to mention Saturday delivery for reasonable prices.

Thanks for the laughs Tom's, today is sure to be a good day.

antilycus

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2006
I cut the netflix cord when they raised their prices from 9.99 a month to 14.99 a month ( for DVD + streaming ). NPD expects streaming customers to stay at 15 a month? Wow, way to lose ANY credibility in your researching skills.

icemunk

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2009
No, that would be a horrible idea. Now on the other hand, Netflix COULD start offering a $15 "premium" content plan that has more content than the current one, that would be a better move. Simply trying to force people to keep paying more for the same service would be a bad strategic move. That is exactly what our cable providers did over many years, and slowly just priced themselves out of the market.

exnemesis

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2012
So Netflix wants to charge $15/mth for a vast and deeply rich collection of B-Movies, scattered with some A-Movies that I've already seen. I think I'll cut. Can only watch Shark vs Mecha-Shark so many times.

game junky

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012
As much as I don't like the idea of shelling out more cash, I would do it if it meant more instant-view content. There are a large collection of shows that you can only get on disk, imagine a world where Justified was an instant-view...

spdragoo

Distinguished
Herald
Oct 17, 2011
Before everyone starts blowing their top, just remember: This isn't Netflix saying they plan on increasing the monthly bill to $15. It's just 2 people -- 1 from a market research company, the other from a consulting firm -- that claim that Netflix's existing customers would be willing to pay up to that much. In other words, it's less based in fact than your standard "water cooler" office gossip.

Netflix already sent me my email stating that I'm locked into my current $7.99/month for the next 2 years, so I won't worry about it until then.

bak0n

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2009
They've got rid of the majority of their updates. I'm on the verge of cancelling now just because of that. If I want TV shows I'll go to hulu for free!

Status
Not open for further replies.