Netflix in Talks with Cable Providers

Status
Not open for further replies.

targetdrone

Honorable
Mar 26, 2012
Why is Netflix even wasting their time? The big 3 will never allow a competing service on their STBs and it's not like most "smart" DVD players, TVs, and even media players like a WesternDigital Live, Roku, or what ever don't already have the Netflix app installed.

What Netflix should do is work a deal with HBO so we can have original HBO content without having to shell out $130/month just to have the ability to buy a HBO subscription.

meowmix44

Honorable
Jan 3, 2013
Cable is such a thing of the past... I expect these cable companies to hate new sophisticated technology as soon as they spot it because they simply don't understand how it works. Internet will eventually phase out cable as all the companies on the list who declined Netfix's offer will soon die out...

spectrewind

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2009
@ram1009:

Added your comment to:
"Everything that can be invented has been invented." and "640K ought to be enough for anybody."

Equally misquoted. Equally wrong and (I'll bet) proven wrong.

....NEXT!

ammaross

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2011
So....
"Netflix is currently in talks with cable providers such as Comcast..."
and next paragraph...
"Unfortunately, quite a few ISPs, including...Comcast...have already turned Netflix down."
So, which is it?

darkgrayknight

Honorable
Oct 15, 2013
This is just dumb. I don't want Netflix as a "channel" on my cable box, I want the movies on Starz, HBO, etc. to be available on Netflix and I'd pay more for Netflix to have that, as it would be cheaper than what I pay to have that on cable now. I'd pay cable for the internet and have Netflix as my TV.

facebook17

Honorable
Oct 15, 2013
Hi Friends,
This is my New Project Must Watch This Link and Share To All Friends My link is very useful and Helping To every one Must see
my buddy’s ex-wife makes *67 hourly on the laptop. She has been without work for five months but last month her pay was *13537 just working on the laptop for a few hours. More about the author……. WWW.MAX47.COM

Thanks for watching this site.

Status
Not open for further replies.