netflix samsung smart tv

Status
Not open for further replies.

nypii

Estimable
Mar 21, 2015
neflix has worked on my samsung smart tv for eight months but the other day i turned the tv on to watch netflix but when i hit smart hub it started to go but the screen went black and i haven't been able to see netflix since hbogo and everything else works fine thank you

Solution
Make sure that your Samsung has all the latest updates by either direct download or to a computer and use a USB to sneaker-net it. Also, double check on the Netflix site that your TV still shows up as a registered device for your account.

RealBeast

Distinguished
Make sure that your Samsung has all the latest updates by either direct download or to a computer and use a USB to sneaker-net it. Also, double check on the Netflix site that your TV still shows up as a registered device for your account.

Solution

deenie1219

Estimable
Jul 3, 2015
I got a six month old 50 inch Samsung Smart TV model UN50HU8550-FXZA. I had the Netflix problem. I would click on the Netflix app and the set would go into a limbo state, just a blank screen. I tried several fixes and finally found one that worked. With the TV screen displaying the Netflix app, I unplugged the AC power located on the back of the screen's case. I waited 10 seconds and then plugged it back in. It did the trick. Netflix came up when I clicked the app using the spotlight from that tiny remote. I almost was going to do a factory reset but since it took me quite awhile to get the picture parameters tweaked just right, that was to be the last resort. So, just unplugging the AC power from the TV while the TV was displaying the Netflix app, waiting 10 seconds, and then reinserting the plug into the TV's jack, got my Netflix app to bring up Netflix. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.