Netflix says it will raise Blu-ray rental rate

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

"Hastings also noted that of all current Netflix subscribers, the amount that are renting Blu-ray Discs is "in the low single digits."

Raising prices is not going to help expand the user base.

G

The moment they try to charge me extra to rent blu-ray is the moment i cancel their service.

HarryLemon

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2006
Well THAT puts the brakes on my wife and I joining! We were just about to as well - specifically for the fact that BluRay was available the same as all the others...

Oh well, back to Blockbusters; at least it gets us out and about while we're at it. Who wants to stay stuck inside all the time anyway!

G

I love the shit out netflix and frankly i think that its an outstanding value. the fact that they're going to charge an additional fee for hd content doesn't change my opinion at all.

The rate at which i rent movies from netflix saves me several hours a week in going to the damn movie stores, standing in line, and putting up with the store's bs business practices.

gto127

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2008
I second that notion "bring back HD DVD" JVC made D-VHS decks for 5 years even though the movies didn't sell that well. What's up Toshiba?

Status
Not open for further replies.