NetflixUS not working on Samsung TV

K17

Estimable
Feb 26, 2015
I don't know much that about TVs or computers so if anyone has a solution please respond in a language that I can understand lol...

Basically I usually spoof the DNS on my Samsung smart TV so that I can get access to Netflix US (I'm aware this is dangerous but since I only do it on my TV & I only use my TV to watch TV I don't see how any info can be taken) anyway, for the past 3 (or maybe more) days I haven't had any access to netflix US. I login to the Netflix app on my TV it loads up but when I try to watch something it refuses to load. I know that this isn't just a general Netflix issue because when I change my DNS back to automatic settings (i.e use my actual DNS) I can load Netlfix UK just fine, also the US DNS codes I've been using are really new and have been proven to work in UK so there's no problem with them.

I know that recently Samsung Smart hub was updated and there was issues with people loading Netflix but that's resolved now and has left me unable to watch Netflix US. I know this is a trivial issue but it's a privilege I've gotten terribly accustomed to so if anyone knows how I can get it back I'll be eternally grateful!

Solution
Netflix began cracking down last month on people accessing its services from outside the country where it was intended. They claim they didn't, but as best as I can tell that was just PR speak. Their statement says they haven't changed their policies, which is true. It says nothing about if they've changed how they're enforcing those policies.

Apparently one of those changes was to add a "failsafe" DNS check to their Android app which I presume prevents DNS spoofing like you've been doing. Likely your TV got a similar update. So the only way you're going to get this to work now is probably with a router which acts as a VPN client, then connect it to a VPS in the U.S. That'll make everything behind your router look like it's...
Netflix began cracking down last month on people accessing its services from outside the country where it was intended. They claim they didn't, but as best as I can tell that was just PR speak. Their statement says they haven't changed their policies, which is true. It says nothing about if they've changed how they're enforcing those policies.

Apparently one of those changes was to add a "failsafe" DNS check to their Android app which I presume prevents DNS spoofing like you've been doing. Likely your TV got a similar update. So the only way you're going to get this to work now is probably with a router which acts as a VPN client, then connect it to a VPS in the U.S. That'll make everything behind your router look like it's originating at the VPS, which is in the U.S., and presumably allow NetflixUS to function again.

Solution