New Apple Patent Filing Squeezes Touch Apps

Status
Not open for further replies.

pcwlai

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2003
I like this article because it really points out why Apple success and others cannot compete in the same way as Apple did.

User experience is the most important. Until now, Apple is the only "technology company" care for the mass. Both Microsoft and the Linux community is just pushing technology for the sake of technology.

Smart phones with fast data plan is transforming our life and Apple will try to explore and integrate more of our life with their products. At the same time, even Apple's products are "expensive", with their entering into a market, really brings down the luxury prices.

bystander

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2009
[citation][nom]mailman_70[/nom]Oh come on. Haven't there been touchscreens before ipad and similar.[/citation]
I assume you didn't read the article. This was about a new stylus that doesn't require you to right on the device, but any surface as well as one reason Apple has been successful.

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
So that's it, huh? Now one can patent anything? Whoever comes up with a technology first is the only one that gets to use it? I swear, the Bluetooth inventors should just forbid everyone to use their tech because THEY invented it first, and do the same with Wi-Fi and other common-use tech. If the technology keeps developing in that direction, it will turn into the same thing gaming has turned into - instead of playing games, you waste time choosing between Steam, Origin and other crap. Same will happen here: instead of developing the tech, the companies will spend time sueing each other and making sure they don't break ridiculous patents...

mauller07

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2010
[citation][nom]bystander[/nom]I assume you didn't read the article. This was about a new stylus that doesn't require you to right on the device, but any surface as well as one reason Apple has been successful.[/citation]

if they have a wireless stylus that interprets the motions and creates the input they have been around for years and i do not see how apple can be granted a patent for this as the technology has been around for a long while, its the same as pharmaceutical companies patenting DNA.

G

@mailman_70

you just got owned by an innocent bystander.

l2read, moron. derrrrr.

*body slams you off your step-mom's boyfriend's bungalow*

go to sleeeep!!!!

kartu

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
Apple is doing something bad, stupid, shameless, only possible with broken patent system, only in US.
But let us have a **ttkissing session and thank **ple for owning us so good and hard and thank it for being such a special "shiny widget" label.

Disgusting.

bystander

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2009
I find it funny that these Apple type articles have nothing but thumbs down for all comments that are for Apple, against Apple, or anything else that doesn't make sense. What is the point?

bystander

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2009
[citation][nom]mauller07[/nom]if they have a wireless stylus that interprets the motions and creates the input they have been around for years and i do not see how apple can be granted a patent for this as the technology has been around for a long while, its the same as pharmaceutical companies patenting DNA.[/citation]

The difference is that the previous versions limit you on to what surfaces you use. This new one can be used on any surface or even in the air. At least according to the article.

zerapio

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2002
[citation][nom]bystander[/nom]This was about a new stylus that doesn't require you to right on the device[/citation]
I nearly spilled my coffee on the keyboard.

simple_inhibition

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2008
[citation][nom]bystander[/nom]I find it funny that these Apple type articles have nothing but thumbs down for all comments that are for Apple, against Apple, or anything else that doesn't make sense. What is the point?[/citation]

to keep the trolling out of the pertinent articles?

bystander

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2009
[citation][nom]zerapio[/nom]I nearly spilled my coffee on the keyboard.[/citation]

Forgive me for having a typo. It happens remarkably often for me. I find it kind of remarkable how the brain, or maybe it's my brain works when typing. It seems to typo out by memory, but not by the words meanings, but by how they sound. I make lots of typos with words that sound alike as a result.

sykozis

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2008
[citation][nom]pcwlai[/nom]I like this article because it really points out why Apple success and others cannot compete in the same way as Apple did.User experience is the most important. Until now, Apple is the only "technology company" care for the mass. Both Microsoft and the Linux community is just pushing technology for the sake of technology.Smart phones with fast data plan is transforming our life and Apple will try to explore and integrate more of our life with their products. At the same time, even Apple's products are "expensive", with their entering into a market, really brings down the luxury prices.[/citation]

The only thing Apple cares about is profit. Most companies can't compete in the same manor as Apple, because most companies like the idea of actual innovation through R&D...

jecastej

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2006
Again, it is not what Apple invented, it is about how a company uses what's available to provide a better general user experience or a "new-easier way". Apple invention and "genius" is more about a set of features working together to provide specific functionality, none of then necessarily being best in class, than providing leading technology per se. But in the end the none expert user may perceive an Apple product as being "revolutionary" or leading specifically in technology brute force when it may not be exactly that. Lets say that Apple may be a very "noneexpert-user-centric" business but this reasonably well implemented integration and presentation from Apple has a great impact in the general user perception and it generates a big impact in the technology industry. But in the very-Apple "creative" way Apple really brings something new and well presented to the general user, in a higher price segment but still within the reach for many people. Now, if this just were a very artificial perception created by Apple, either the lives of most people is A) superficial and unnatural or B), Apple ends up with a real product not as easy to achieve. Apple haters say the users are stupid, shallow and superficial and that Apple is a manipulative evil. But there is a very big question with this thesis or arguments and this is that it is another very twisted evil conspiracy theory. Simply put, too manny odd events needs to occur simultaneously, or the longer weird, unnatural explanation for a cause.

That is my opinion, but the point is don't get confused by Apple company "very modern" corporative practices. Apple as a creative or innovative engineering or artistic force may not be confused by what is within today's law and considered acceptable. And this is a very sensitive discussion that goes well beyond artistic or technological fundamentals. In this questionable way Apple is as guilty as most industry and society leaders. But, the end product, is it useful to you?, and what do you do with it?

G

sombody patent "Steve Jobs" and then sue him for every ripoff of idiocracy he has every help put to market of sued to take the peoples money who did get it to market. (But they forgot to patent vauge language)

bystander

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2009
Let me preface this by letting you know I do not own a single Apple product. However, I do believe Apples two biggest assets are that they make things stylish and easy to use and they market them well.

f-14

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
I bet you don't want to talk to your iPad while sitting in a Starbucks café because of privacy concerns alone.
uh kids already look at you like you're a tool for talking to the phone.
and yes i really would like to be able to talk to my electronics to make them work.
Apple reinvented touch screens
apple doesn't invent cheeeot, they take technology and make it idiot friendly.
as for apple stealing Wii and Kinect technology and trying to say it's theirs. sure, right after they pay the million or so patents already covering the tech they claim to invent just because it's all rolled into one device that any idiot can use.

G

So thats what the i in everything apple puts out stands for! Idiot!

Status
Not open for further replies.