New ASUS laptop is extremely slow

Status
Not open for further replies.

seeker453

Prominent
Sep 12, 2017
Hi :) I've been having issues with my new laptop and it's extremely frustrating. When I try and launch applications, it takes forever for them to launch and the same things goes when I try to close an application. It even takes just a long time to log into my laptop. I don't know much about computers to be honest so I've been struggling to find the issue and resolve it. I've looked at the task manager and there's no running apps in the background so it probably isn't that. And I have hardly anything on it since it's only a month and a half old, but these issues were from the get go and became progressively worse so I'm not sure if it's an actual issue I can fix or if I need to return it and get a new one. The laptop is an ASUS 2-in-1 Touch Screen Laptop with an intel core i7 processor, Windows 10 operating system, 12 GB of ram, 2 TB hard drive, and a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 940MX graphics card. Let me know if I forgot to add something, here's the ASUS page with more if anyone's interested:

https://www.asus.com/us/Laptops/Q524UQ/overview/

This is really irritating me and I need it for my classwork so it's stressing me out not being able to work on it. I'm quite worried that it's something I won't be able to fix because it's hardly been used yet it's acting this way. Thanks for all the help in advance :)

G

Two things. Open 'Resource monitor", show all processes, and see if anything is saturating any resource. Go in each tab and look anything that is using a lot of %.

Second, download latency monitor, and tell me what the highest value is after running it while using it for at least 20 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.