New Asus laptop making too much noise

Solution
If the laptop's fans are just naturally loud under load, you might also try some headphones that better isolate outside sounds while gaming. Either the kind of earbuds with silicone eartips that create a tight seal in your ear canal, or closed-back studio monitor style headphones that seal around the outside of your ears.

Combining relatively powerful hardware with a relatively slim design will undoubtedly require its cooling system to work harder.

Gurses

Honorable
Apr 25, 2014

I tweaked around with the nvdia control panel and it seemed to help a tad, but nothing noticeable and still not as good as I think it should be seeing as it nearly cost £1500!

I'm not a computer guru, but i think it might be my fans. I've pulled out two cpu temperature reports while playing H1Z1 and Euro Truck Sim 2. If you don't mind, can you help me figure out if my laptop is overheating or not? I appreciate the help mate.

http://pastebin.com/qzbbwtN4 - http://pastebin.com/JDZyYLmL

Both were done after the tweaks!

Thanks mate

cryoburner

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2011
If the laptop's fans are just naturally loud under load, you might also try some headphones that better isolate outside sounds while gaming. Either the kind of earbuds with silicone eartips that create a tight seal in your ear canal, or closed-back studio monitor style headphones that seal around the outside of your ears.

Combining relatively powerful hardware with a relatively slim design will undoubtedly require its cooling system to work harder.

Solution

SpoodyFox

Prominent
Mar 3, 2017

Not sure if your performance is still "huge spikes" but I have a very similar laptop ( the only difference is the CPU is a little newer ) I had the same issue with high frames but random lag spikes, the solution was to go into Nvidia control panel Go to manage 3d settings > Maximum pre-rendered frames and switch this to 1 ( I don't know if a higher number makes a difference ) and this stopped the lag spikes for me, games looks great on this. Good luck!