New battery, incorrect remaining capacity, unexpected shutdown

Nemesis94

Commendable
Oct 12, 2016
Hi everyone,
i'm facing battery issue on my Acer V5-573G. Laptop is shutting down spontaneously when it reaches 7-15% of remaining capacity. It refuses to power on until charger is connected. After power on system reports 1-3% remaining capacity.

Main problem is that i can't use whole capacity of battery and shutdown laptop according to remaining capacity and power plan settings.

Additional information:
Previous battery died because of protection circuit failure.
Battery model is AP13B3K (same as previous) and brand is PATONA (Made in Germany).
Previous battery was facing same issue after 1 year.
New battery arrived discharged to protection circuit cut-off voltage (Li-ion chemistry).
BatteryInfoView reports maximal designed/current capacity in average of 3000mAh (should be 3500mAh).
Latest BIOS 2.30, reinstalled Win 10 64bit with latest drivers from Windows Update + Acer support website.

Solution
3rd party batteries are often bad, and even if work OK now, in months will nose-dive in capacity.

There should have been a paper with the battery explaining how to calibrate it and charge it up for use, did you read that? Usually you need to fully charge it and discharge it several times before the laptop sees it properly. Or it's just a cheap model that does not work properly to begin with.

Nemesis94

Commendable
Oct 12, 2016

Thank you for reply. I will try to replace battery under warranty. Is there any way to determine if its battery flaw or incorrect reading? Or way of correcting the reading accuracy. Thank you

3rd party batteries are often bad, and even if work OK now, in months will nose-dive in capacity.

There should have been a paper with the battery explaining how to calibrate it and charge it up for use, did you read that? Usually you need to fully charge it and discharge it several times before the laptop sees it properly. Or it's just a cheap model that does not work properly to begin with.

Solution

Nemesis94

Commendable
Oct 12, 2016

Yea i read that and charged/discharge battery correctly 3 times. Now it refuses to communicate with system so its showing UNKNOWN battery and 100% charge all time. Battery is faulty and it will be replaced or returned to the seller.

There's also statement that it should be stored with 60% capacity and never deep-discharged as it will cause irreversible damaged to it. It was sold deep-discharged.

Thank you for sharing your opinion and experience.