Question New built pc having a few problems

Dec 16, 2020
Getting a bunch of problems with my build
(I copy pasted this and edited some of the info to fit into this community)

I recently just built a pc and it's running into some problems...

Specs are:
i5-4570
gtx 750 ti
2 sticks of DDR3 4gb 1600mhz (total 8gb)
750 watt psu
Msi B85m-e45 motherboard
720gb ssd
A LOT or fans having good inflow & outflows
Temperatures max at an average of 65°C when gaming nd stays around 50°C when idle
For a bit of context, i play a game called destiny 2. It's quite demanding but I have had experience wit running the game on the crappiest settings. Now, the game used to get around 60 fps on medium settings when I first finished my built, but now I only get around 40 fps. When near enemies I get dropped to around 20 fps. This is on all low/off settings with a resolution of 1368 × 768p and further reduced to 50% rendering.

Now my pc setup itself doesn't look promising, but the problem is I used to play Destiny 2 on a laptop with a i3-8th gen cpu with INTEGRATED GRAPHICS displaying at 1080p 65% rendering and I could get 30fps when near enemies and not dip any further.

I compared it with some Youtube/google "benchmarks" and others running at/or similar to this setup could get it running at 50-60 fps CONSTANTLY.

Now for another game called Dota, it is a relatively non-demanding game and you could easily get it to run at 60 fps. Now, I've run the game on the same laptop mentioned above at all low settings/off at 1080p and I could get 50 fps constantly. Now my pc, it could run the game at best settings around 40-60 fps occasionally (lowest setting would get me to 100 fps), but there are times when it drops to 10 fps and the speakers would completely BREAK, crackling sound for anything that is output from my speaker. My friends speaking in discord would sound completely broken like "HEKKKJKSKKSKKSKSKK".

Even AFTER i quit the game, everything would sound like that for awhile. Windows notification? "JDKDKKDKKDKSJSH" and Youtube videos would produce the most metal sound I've ever heard.

I also play Minecraft with a bunch if mods with shaders and resource packs. Chunks are set to 10 and run reletively well with fps ranging around 50 fps.
Running NovaBecnh, it states that my GPU is slower than other benchmarks.

I haven't tried any other games apart from these 5 (2 are omitted in this post to shorten the question), but I've did some internet searching and did supposed "fixes" but nothing has helped. Fixes I've tried.

1. Completely reinstalling windows
  2. Check every PCIE ports for any clogs
  3. Clean my PC (its new, but who knows)
  4. Check any bad wires (i bought new ones for those i could change)
  5. Done those "clean your pc, delete temp files etc"
  6. Switched off OC in BIOS
  7. Updated all my drivers
  8. Deleted and reinstalled all my drivers
  9. Checking my BIOS and made sure RAM was running at 1600mhz
  10. Made sure BIOS was using my PEG for graphic
  11. Turned off speedstep in BIOS
  12. Downloaded Nvidia drivers from 389.ish to 397.ish
  13. Deleted my Realtek HD sound something something
  14. Made sure temps were always below 80°
  15. Closed everything before running a game
  16. Reinstalled the game
  17. Reinstalled steam
  18. Check files integrity for the 60th time
  19. Rerolled and done anything similar to that
  20. Installing to another driver
  21. Installing Windows to another driver
  22. Installing steam to Driver A and games to Driver B
  23. Disconnecting all my peripherals
  24. Updating BIOS
  25. Updating gpu firmware (different from drivers)

Now i did find something with latencymon and it told me my pc has trouble handling real-time audio and other tasks, but has given up on that after troubleshooting for the past week for that problem, and hey, most of the people out there that had this problem didn't have this issue solved so I guess I'm not getting this solved either.
I've attached my PC info from latencymon, novabench, and HWMonitor below.

From this point, I've already given up half way and I'm just trying to figure out if anyone has any insights of this...

Thanks in advance. Any help is much much appreciated.

P.S. I had my pc ran into bluescreen like twice in a span of 2 weeks

View: https://imgur.com/a/gldlHcC

LatencyMon:
_
CONCLUSION
_
Your system appears to be having trouble handling real-time audio and other tasks. You are likely to experience buffer underruns appearing as drop outs, clicks or pops. One or more DPC routines that belong to a driver running in your system appear to be executing for too long. Also one or more ISR routines that belong to a driver running in your system appear to be executing for too long. One problem may be related to power management, disable CPU throttling settings in Control Panel and BIOS setup. Check for BIOS updates.
LatencyMon has been analyzing your system for 0:03:22 (h🇲🇲ss) on all processors.

_
SYSTEM INFORMATION
_
Computer name: DESKTOP-BEHHPL0
OS version: Windows 10, 10.0, version 2009, build: 19042 (x64)
Hardware: MS-7817, MSI
CPU: GenuineIntel Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4570 CPU @ 3.20GHz
Logical processors: 4
Processor groups: 1
RAM: 8120 MB total

_
CPU SPEED
_
Reported CPU speed: 320 MHz

Note: reported execution times may be calculated based on a fixed reported CPU speed. Disable variable speed settings like Intel Speed Step and AMD Cool N Quiet in the BIOS setup for more accurate results.

_
MEASURED INTERRUPT TO USER PROCESS LATENCIES
_
The interrupt to process latency reflects the measured interval that a usermode process needed to respond to a hardware request from the moment the interrupt service routine started execution. This includes the scheduling and execution of a DPC routine, the signaling of an event and the waking up of a usermode thread from an idle wait state in response to that event.

Highest measured interrupt to process latency (µs): 7518.0
Average measured interrupt to process latency (µs): 17.081631

Highest measured interrupt to DPC latency (µs): 6547.60
Average measured interrupt to DPC latency (µs): 13.088751

_
REPORTED ISRs
_
Interrupt service routines are routines installed by the OS and device drivers that execute in response to a hardware interrupt signal.

Highest ISR routine execution time (µs): 5170.270625
Driver with highest ISR routine execution time: dxgkrnl.sys - DirectX Graphics Kernel, Microsoft Corporation

Highest reported total ISR routine time (%): 1.703279
Driver with highest ISR total time: dxgkrnl.sys - DirectX Graphics Kernel, Microsoft Corporation

Total time spent in ISRs (%) 2.364771

ISR count (execution time <250 µs): 131635
ISR count (execution time 250-500 µs): 0
ISR count (execution time 500-1000 µs): 22020
ISR count (execution time 1000-2000 µs): 1959
ISR count (execution time 2000-4000 µs): 218
ISR count (execution time >=4000 µs): 0

_
REPORTED DPCs
_
DPC routines are part of the interrupt servicing dispatch mechanism and disable the possibility for a process to utilize the CPU while it is interrupted until the DPC has finished execution.

Highest DPC routine execution time (µs): 30971.180
Driver with highest DPC routine execution time: nvlddmkm.sys - NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 460.89 , NVIDIA Corporation

Highest reported total DPC routine time (%): 0.654321
Driver with highest DPC total execution time: nvlddmkm.sys - NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 460.89 , NVIDIA Corporation

Total time spent in DPCs (%) 1.268237

DPC count (execution time <250 µs): 434705
DPC count (execution time 250-500 µs): 0
DPC count (execution time 500-10000 µs): 7919
DPC count (execution time 1000-2000 µs): 935
DPC count (execution time 2000-4000 µs): 196
DPC count (execution time >=4000 µs): 45

_
REPORTED HARD PAGEFAULTS
_
Hard pagefaults are events that get triggered by making use of virtual memory that is not resident in RAM but backed by a memory mapped file on disk. The process of resolving the hard pagefault requires reading in the memory from disk while the process is interrupted and blocked from execution.

NOTE: some processes were hit by hard pagefaults. If these were programs producing audio, they are likely to interrupt the audio stream resulting in dropouts, clicks and pops. Check the Processes tab to see which programs were hit.

Process with highest pagefault count: system

Total number of hard pagefaults 49182
Hard pagefault count of hardest hit process: 27992
Number of processes hit: 45

_
PER CPU DATA
_
CPU 0 Interrupt cycle time (s): 25.896146
CPU 0 ISR highest execution time (µs): 5170.270625
CPU 0 ISR total execution time (s): 14.364236
CPU 0 ISR count: 115053
CPU 0 DPC highest execution time (µs): 30971.180
CPU 0 DPC total execution time (s): 7.808259
CPU 0 DPC count: 225151
_
CPU 1 Interrupt cycle time (s): 7.126545
CPU 1 ISR highest execution time (µs): 4185.769375
CPU 1 ISR total execution time (s): 4.252454
CPU 1 ISR count: 23632
CPU 1 DPC highest execution time (µs): 3336.978125
CPU 1 DPC total execution time (s): 0.826635
CPU 1 DPC count: 72888
_
CPU 2 Interrupt cycle time (s): 5.339893
CPU 2 ISR highest execution time (µs): 2611.861875
CPU 2 ISR total execution time (s): 0.544438
CPU 2 ISR count: 6375
CPU 2 DPC highest execution time (µs): 2406.048438
CPU 2 DPC total execution time (s): 0.470724
CPU 2 DPC count: 59231
_
CPU 3 Interrupt cycle time (s): 3.169830
CPU 3 ISR highest execution time (µs): 962.843750
CPU 3 ISR total execution time (s): 0.027474
CPU 3 ISR count: 10782
CPU 3 DPC highest execution time (µs): 2649.718125
CPU 3 DPC total execution time (s): 1.185313
CPU 3 DPC count: 86530
_

sophialoren369

Commendable
Apr 5, 2018
Hey! So i am facing similar issues and i must say you have done a lot of stuff and still haven't managed to fix the issue which is sad. I only tried clean install of windows and it didn't go so gave up and have been playing games with this latency spikes for past few months. Yesterday i found a solution. I am quite not sure yet as it only works for me when i play online games. So i play online fps games mostly and this latency spikes ruined my aiming with input latency. So yesterday i just found out that MsMpEng.exe which is Antimalware Service Executable for windows defender had more hard pagefaults. So i just thought to disable real time protection in windows defender. And i added this MsMpEng.exe in the exclusion and it seems to fix my latency issues ingame. Like i tried running latency monitor in the background while playing online for more than half an hour and i didn't get that spikes like i used to. It also makes my audio so clear ingame cause it's not getting that latency issues. But it does appear when i use chrome and watch video on utube. I get the spikes while using chrome and running audio. So here i am still searching for the solution. But i got what i mostly wanted which is to play games peacefully and without input lags. So i will ask you to disable windows defender and check with latencymon. Hope it helps.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Getting a bunch of problems with my build
(I copy pasted this and edited some of the info to fit into this community)

I recently just built a pc and it's running into some problems...

Specs are:
i5-4570
gtx 750 ti
2 sticks of DDR3 4gb 1600mhz (total 8gb)
750 watt psu
Msi B85m-e45 motherboard
720gb ssd
A LOT or fans having good inflow & outflows
Temperatures max at an average of 65°C when gaming nd stays around 50°C when idle
For a bit of context, i play a game called destiny 2. It's quite demanding but I have had experience wit running the game on the crappiest settings. Now, the game used to get around 60 fps on medium settings when I first finished my built, but now I only get around 40 fps. When near enemies I get dropped to around 20 fps. This is on all low/off settings with a resolution of 1368 × 768p and further reduced to 50% rendering.

Now my pc setup itself doesn't look promising, but the problem is I used to play Destiny 2 on a laptop with a i3-8th gen cpu with INTEGRATED GRAPHICS displaying at 1080p 65% rendering and I could get 30fps when near enemies and not dip any further.

I compared it with some Youtube/google "benchmarks" and others running at/or similar to this setup could get it running at 50-60 fps CONSTANTLY.

Now for another game called Dota, it is a relatively non-demanding game and you could easily get it to run at 60 fps. Now, I've run the game on the same laptop mentioned above at all low settings/off at 1080p and I could get 50 fps constantly. Now my pc, it could run the game at best settings around 40-60 fps occasionally (lowest setting would get me to 100 fps), but there are times when it drops to 10 fps and the speakers would completely BREAK, crackling sound for anything that is output from my speaker. My friends speaking in discord would sound completely broken like "HEKKKJKSKKSKKSKSKK".

Even AFTER i quit the game, everything would sound like that for awhile. Windows notification? "JDKDKKDKKDKSJSH" and Youtube videos would produce the most metal sound I've ever heard.

I also play Minecraft with a bunch if mods with shaders and resource packs. Chunks are set to 10 and run reletively well with fps ranging around 50 fps.
Running NovaBecnh, it states that my GPU is slower than other benchmarks.

I haven't tried any other games apart from these 5 (2 are omitted in this post to shorten the question), but I've did some internet searching and did supposed "fixes" but nothing has helped. Fixes I've tried.

1. Completely reinstalling windows
  2. Check every PCIE ports for any clogs
  3. Clean my PC (its new, but who knows)
  4. Check any bad wires (i bought new ones for those i could change)
  5. Done those "clean your pc, delete temp files etc"
  6. Switched off OC in BIOS
  7. Updated all my drivers
  8. Deleted and reinstalled all my drivers
  9. Checking my BIOS and made sure RAM was running at 1600mhz
  10. Made sure BIOS was using my PEG for graphic
  11. Turned off speedstep in BIOS
  12. Downloaded Nvidia drivers from 389.ish to 397.ish
  13. Deleted my Realtek HD sound something something
  14. Made sure temps were always below 80°
  15. Closed everything before running a game
  16. Reinstalled the game
  17. Reinstalled steam
  18. Check files integrity for the 60th time
  19. Rerolled and done anything similar to that
  20. Installing to another driver
  21. Installing Windows to another driver
  22. Installing steam to Driver A and games to Driver B
  23. Disconnecting all my peripherals
  24. Updating BIOS
  25. Updating gpu firmware (different from drivers)
Now i did find something with latencymon and it told me my pc has trouble handling real-time audio and other tasks, but has given up on that after troubleshooting for the past week for that problem, and hey, most of the people out there that had this problem didn't have this issue solved so I guess I'm not getting this solved either.
I've attached my PC info from latencymon, novabench, and HWMonitor below.

From this point, I've already given up half way and I'm just trying to figure out if anyone has any insights of this...

Thanks in advance. Any help is much much appreciated.

P.S. I had my pc ran into bluescreen like twice in a span of 2 weeks

View: https://imgur.com/a/gldlHcC

LatencyMon:
_
CONCLUSION
_
Your system appears to be having trouble handling real-time audio and other tasks. You are likely to experience buffer underruns appearing as drop outs, clicks or pops. One or more DPC routines that belong to a driver running in your system appear to be executing for too long. Also one or more ISR routines that belong to a driver running in your system appear to be executing for too long. One problem may be related to power management, disable CPU throttling settings in Control Panel and BIOS setup. Check for BIOS updates.
LatencyMon has been analyzing your system for 0:03:22 (h🇲🇲ss) on all processors.

_
SYSTEM INFORMATION
_
Computer name: DESKTOP-BEHHPL0
OS version: Windows 10, 10.0, version 2009, build: 19042 (x64)
Hardware: MS-7817, MSI
CPU: GenuineIntel Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4570 CPU @ 3.20GHz
Logical processors: 4
Processor groups: 1
RAM: 8120 MB total

_
CPU SPEED
_
Reported CPU speed: 320 MHz

Note: reported execution times may be calculated based on a fixed reported CPU speed. Disable variable speed settings like Intel Speed Step and AMD Cool N Quiet in the BIOS setup for more accurate results.

_
MEASURED INTERRUPT TO USER PROCESS LATENCIES
_
The interrupt to process latency reflects the measured interval that a usermode process needed to respond to a hardware request from the moment the interrupt service routine started execution. This includes the scheduling and execution of a DPC routine, the signaling of an event and the waking up of a usermode thread from an idle wait state in response to that event.

Highest measured interrupt to process latency (µs): 7518.0
Average measured interrupt to process latency (µs): 17.081631

Highest measured interrupt to DPC latency (µs): 6547.60
Average measured interrupt to DPC latency (µs): 13.088751

_
REPORTED ISRs
_
Interrupt service routines are routines installed by the OS and device drivers that execute in response to a hardware interrupt signal.

Highest ISR routine execution time (µs): 5170.270625
Driver with highest ISR routine execution time: dxgkrnl.sys - DirectX Graphics Kernel, Microsoft Corporation

Highest reported total ISR routine time (%): 1.703279
Driver with highest ISR total time: dxgkrnl.sys - DirectX Graphics Kernel, Microsoft Corporation

Total time spent in ISRs (%) 2.364771

ISR count (execution time <250 µs): 131635
ISR count (execution time 250-500 µs): 0
ISR count (execution time 500-1000 µs): 22020
ISR count (execution time 1000-2000 µs): 1959
ISR count (execution time 2000-4000 µs): 218
ISR count (execution time >=4000 µs): 0

_
REPORTED DPCs
_
DPC routines are part of the interrupt servicing dispatch mechanism and disable the possibility for a process to utilize the CPU while it is interrupted until the DPC has finished execution.

Highest DPC routine execution time (µs): 30971.180
Driver with highest DPC routine execution time: nvlddmkm.sys - NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 460.89 , NVIDIA Corporation

Highest reported total DPC routine time (%): 0.654321
Driver with highest DPC total execution time: nvlddmkm.sys - NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 460.89 , NVIDIA Corporation

Total time spent in DPCs (%) 1.268237

DPC count (execution time <250 µs): 434705
DPC count (execution time 250-500 µs): 0
DPC count (execution time 500-10000 µs): 7919
DPC count (execution time 1000-2000 µs): 935
DPC count (execution time 2000-4000 µs): 196
DPC count (execution time >=4000 µs): 45

_
REPORTED HARD PAGEFAULTS
_
Hard pagefaults are events that get triggered by making use of virtual memory that is not resident in RAM but backed by a memory mapped file on disk. The process of resolving the hard pagefault requires reading in the memory from disk while the process is interrupted and blocked from execution.

NOTE: some processes were hit by hard pagefaults. If these were programs producing audio, they are likely to interrupt the audio stream resulting in dropouts, clicks and pops. Check the Processes tab to see which programs were hit.

Process with highest pagefault count: system

Total number of hard pagefaults 49182
Hard pagefault count of hardest hit process: 27992
Number of processes hit: 45

_
PER CPU DATA
_
CPU 0 Interrupt cycle time (s): 25.896146
CPU 0 ISR highest execution time (µs): 5170.270625
CPU 0 ISR total execution time (s): 14.364236
CPU 0 ISR count: 115053
CPU 0 DPC highest execution time (µs): 30971.180