New Dell inspiron 15.6 touchscreen laptop touchpad click stops working Help

Hailey Anne

Estimable
Dec 26, 2015
Brand new out of box dell laptop touchpad will work for a while then stops letting you click on anything. I can restart the laptop and the touchpad will work again for a little while. Need Help.

Pradeep_8

Estimable
Dec 29, 2015
Same thing is happening with my laptop too..touchpad stops working after some time...dell technical support said that it is an software issue and they couldn't do anything with it

Robinw_47

Commendable
Nov 30, 2016

That happened to me and i ran all the new tests, they all passed. There is a major problem with this keyboard NOT working in Google Chrome for whatever reason. Switch to a new browser when that happens. Copy and past the link that are you in when it stopped working, paste it in the new browser, viola KEYBOARD works. The problems seem to be in the software, so far. I'd highly suggest writing to feedback in chrome on your issues. It's an intermittent problem that I have with my new Dell, too, only seems to happen in Chrome.

Mauroghiglia

Commendable
Dec 3, 2016
Hi there,
it's easy to understand if it's a software issue: just run a live Linux (like Ubuntu Live) and check. If the issue is the same on another OS, it's a hardware issue for sure.
Tests are useless. Better do this: start your PC and open device manager. Under "mouse" or "human interface devices" you will find the touch screen driver. If this driver disappears after touch stops working (or gives an error with a yellow triangle and an exclamation mark) , then most likely it's an hardware issue.
Generally this is an hardware issue that can be resolved only by replacing the LCD panel (at Dell, touch displays come hinge-up, so they will replace the entire LID).
Have a nice day