New dell latitude E7450. Problem with keyboard and the ssd.

d2idan

Estimable
Sep 2, 2015
So I bought it from ebay.
I checked and the E7450 is new.
1. I got it with 256 ssd. But I only have 190 free space. I have only office 2013 and windows 7. They got with the laptop.

2. The 'P' letter fall half the way when get pressed. I press again to insert it but when got pressed again. It get out of the place half way again.

What sould I do for the first question.

And for thd second. Should I return it?

Thanks.

Solution
1) A 256GB SSD only actually has around 238GB of free space, due to differences in the way hard drive manufacturers and operating systems declare storage capacity. This has been a problem of much concern throughout the history of consumer PCs. Windows 7 will also consume somewhere in the region of 12 GB when new. Add the page file, which is often as large as the amount of RAM you have (8GB), and your hiberfil.sys (which is often also the amount of RAM you have), and your current free space amount seems correct.

2) For the second, you should have it repaired at a Dell service center if the laptop is brand-new and comes with a receipt and warranty. Otherwise, return it.

metalicgeek

Estimable
1) A 256GB SSD only actually has around 238GB of free space, due to differences in the way hard drive manufacturers and operating systems declare storage capacity. This has been a problem of much concern throughout the history of consumer PCs. Windows 7 will also consume somewhere in the region of 12 GB when new. Add the page file, which is often as large as the amount of RAM you have (8GB), and your hiberfil.sys (which is often also the amount of RAM you have), and your current free space amount seems correct.

2) For the second, you should have it repaired at a Dell service center if the laptop is brand-new and comes with a receipt and warranty. Otherwise, return it.

Solution