New desktop to TV problem

marksons

Honorable
Jul 1, 2013
Hey guys,
I just got a new desktop today and I've been trying to connect my computer to my Toshiba Regza via HDMI cable.
I have used a HP laptop to connect to my Toshiba and all i had to do was plug in the HDMI cable and it would put the image on my TV no problem whilst also displaying the image on my laptop aswell, however this new desktop i plug in the cable and it just remains a blue screen.

The graphics card is a nVidia GTX650Ti 2GB. I would like to achieve dual screens of my monitor and my TV with the same image on both.
Please let me know if i have left any needed information out and any help is greatly appreciated

marksons

Honorable
Jul 1, 2013

I do this and click duplicate and nothing the TV is still blue

Bejusek

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2009
Good. Right click on your desktop, choose screen resolution.
Both displays should be there. Make sure that they are set up as you want. Verify the order of the monitors, resolution, set multiple displays to duplicate. Go to advanced settings and make sure that refresh rate is in sane range ( < 60Hz).

Bejusek

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2009
Make it 1920x1080 for TV. Set refresh rate to 50Hz or 60Hz. What model is it exactly? Is it set to proper input? :)

See what happens when you disconnect your monitor and have only TV connected to the graphics card.

marksons

Honorable
Jul 1, 2013
when i have duplicate displays set i can only change 1 resolution which only goes up to 1680 x 1050 and the display is just 1|2 multiple monitors. I cant remember what exact mdoel it is sorry and am unsure how to find out. also i dont not know what proper input is sorry im not very knowing of these things.
and when i try to disconnect the monitor nothing happens

Bejusek

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2009
Ok, this doesn't matter.
If it gets recognized it should be working.
By proper input I meant to ask whether you set it to the right HDMI input. It probably has more than one HDMI input, so if you connected it for example to HDMI2, you have to chose HDMI2 on the TV.

Using windows key + p set it to projector only. See what happens.

EDIT: And yes, in clone mode you can only have one resolution, common to both displays. Try extended mode.

EDIT2: You can try playing with all the settings. Give it a try!

EDIT3: Btw. by blue do you mean blue as no signal, or windows desktop blue?

marksons

Honorable
Jul 1, 2013
oh right and yes its connecting to HDMI4 and thats the input i have selected on the TV. when i select projector only my monitor just flickers for a moment and then continues to operate.
By blue i mean no signal
edit: and in extended mode i can change the resolutions but nothing changes on the tv

Bejusek

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2009
I'm sorry, I'm out of ideas.
You can try to consult your TV manual and see which resolution and refresh rates it supports over HDMI.
Then set it appropriately in control panel.