New Endpoint Security Solution

sscroggin

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2009
I have been taked with selecting our new Endpoint solution for our company. We currently have Trend Micro officescan. We are not in love with the current solution and would like to take advantage of something that would run at the hypervisor level. This solution would need to cover both servers and client machines.

Does anyone have any 1st hand experience with any of the following solutions or can point me in the direction of some good articles or reviews.

Trend Micro Deep Security
Symantec Endpoint Protection
Kaspersky Total Security for Buisness
Microsoft System Center 2012 Endpoint Protection

inzone

Splendid
While I can't answer your question from a business standpoint, I can tell you that as a personal computer user I have tried most of what you listed on a private level(single user) and have found Kaspersky to be the best for being non-intrusive yet a very strong protection program.
I hope someone with business experience can also validate Kaspersky for your business.

sscroggin

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2009
Thanks for the reply. To be honest I thought that I would find more traction here on this topic. Heck even from a users standpoint I would be happy to hear opinions. I know most of us have to go to work and use computers. What antivirus do you see running at your places of buisness?

inzone

Splendid
Before I retired the place I worked used AVG, that's why I said that I couldn't help you from a business standpoint. Believe me I would if I could.
I have heard some good things about Microsoft and Trend Micro, however Symantec was always very intrusive and I always had issues with it so I stopped using it years ago.

Give the thread some time to get some responses and if I run across someone that I feel has some input I'll send him this way.