New Final Fantasy XIII Trailer is 5 Minutes Long

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cybrcatter

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2008
[citation][nom]Camikazi[/nom]It sells! They know that making anime with eastern looking characters won't be as accepted in the non Asian world, so they make them look like European people.[/citation]

No, its because many South-East Asian males find western features very attractive. My Friend's husband is a plastic surgeon that sees more and more native Japanese, Korean, and Chinese female's asking for 'western' features such as eyelids and jaw scrapings.
He thinks it's due to the influence of western movies.
Sad, really :(

Bluescreendeath

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2009
Cybrcatter, China/Japan/Korea isn't SouthEast Asia. They're geographically East Asia. SE-Asia is Indonesia, Philippines, etc

jerreece, I don't know where you're from but "most" of the characters really don't like Caucasians. Some are obviously East Asian (chick above the video, dude at 2:40, etc) and some are obviously Caucasian. And there's a guy who looks like the black dude from CSI Vegas at 2:51. Most of them look like they're ...maybe mixed Eurasians at best.

lordfisch

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2009
You guys have to follow the video to YouTube, where you can get to a more expanded menu within the player. From there you can turn on the CC, which will display the English translations as subtitles. Not the best translations, but they do they job.

badaxe2

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2008
The last good FF game was IX. After that it just got too new age and emo for my tastes. VIII was kinda emo too but it everything else was good. Now everything seems rehashed, and the gameplay footage looks like PS2 quality in HD. They must've just spent nearly half a decade on the CGI cutscenes because they're about the only impressive thing in that whole trailer.

G

Do they limitbreak/overdrive on gayness or what? Now all the men are supporting characters. Oh btw, whats with the scarf.

Status
Not open for further replies.