New Frustrated Nexus 7 owner

Novel8

Honorable
Jul 22, 2013
Know nothing about this OS, but for the little I have read and still am frustrated. No instructions came with this unit. I d/l a guide but following it does not seem to help. If i leave it alone after turning it on for a couple of minutes, it goes blank. I have only 18 days to decide if I want to return it...it use to be a year, then 90 days, and now 20 and no instructions to boot.

ulysses35

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2008
Power saving does that to obviously save power and extend the battery life - you can easily change the settings for how long the screen stays on in idle mode.

Check under the settings tab, go to display.. and you should see "sleep" settings, change the time period to one that suits you best

Novel8

Honorable
Jul 22, 2013

Thanks, I suspected as such...but like I said, there was no way that I knew how to do that, until you told me...I even went to Google Play, hoping to d/l some Apps and thought I did and yet I do not know where to look to find them, if they indeed were d/led. I tried D/L on my pc and i get a message that there is a compatible problem. I like to do a search, but I do not see a search area....guess I am too use to Windows, that Android is completely opposite.

Novel8

Honorable
Jul 22, 2013
OOPs, found it merely by chance looking for something else. It seems one has to find things by chance with this product. I found also how to increase text size and it worked, but when I went to Chrome and do a search for something else, the text was smaller than usual. Once you set up the size, does it change from site to site?