New Gaming Laptop

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

CFree3344

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2007
Looking for some help here guys. I was thinking Alienware or Clevo. Open to pretty much anything!

1. What is your budget?
~$2000

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
14 or 15

3. What screen resolution do you want?
Best Possible

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Desktop replacement

5. How much battery life do you need?
N/A.

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Yes. Looking to play COD, BF3, D3, and SC2 - High

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
None

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
Looking for SSD as the main. I have a desktop with plenty of storage.

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
3 years if possible

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
Bluray reader is fine, but not necessary.

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
Open for anything.

13. What country do you live in?
USA

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
Hoping the "Sandy Bridge" laptops will be dropping in price soon, so i will be in the market. I am pretty open, just looking for suggestions.

Thanks everyon! Chad

I don't think it's necessary. It's nothing that you'd notice in the real world performance.
You'd only see a difference between 1600 and 1866 while running a benchmark type comparison test.

But it also won't hurt to ask the XoticPC to hook you up.

proskillr

Honorable
Mar 20, 2012
Take a look at this MSi, doesnt come with an ssd but has 2 750gb hdds so you could take one out and replace it with an ssd. Also a 675 has a minor edge over the 670 so you will be fine there.

CFree3344

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2007
Not sure what a LANbox is. I am guessing like a server?

I think a nice PC runs about 1500, since I have a monitor and everything. But then i won't be able to play Diablo 3 wherever I want. haha