YukiaEpin

Honorable
Apr 17, 2013
Hey so I've loved and lost hundreds of pairs of headphones but I keep running into the same problem, the cord, it'll break long before the actual headphones break (usually I forget I'm plugged in and get up to do something) I've thought about getting wireless headphones but I've never owned a pair so I'm not sure if they have battery requirements or something like that, I'd LOVE to get a pair with a replaceable guitar patch cord that way when the cord breaks I can get a new cord instead of completely new headphones, I prefer the over-the-ear headphones the ones that are big, not the ones that barely go over the ears (Since I have glasses they make my ears hurt after a few hours) I'm not too particular about sound quality, I'd be fine with average or good quality, doesn't have to be top of the line, high end, hear-every-note-in-a-symphony-as-if-it-were-in-front-of-you, quality, just good or average.

Thanks for helping out with this, music is my life so I kinda need good headphones.

cats_Paw

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2007
It will be very hard for me to recomend you some headphones personally as i do not know your preferences.
However, if you have the time for it, there is a great site that has a ton in info on the matter: Head-fi.org

I must warn you thou, I went there to get some 50$ headphones, and after about 9 months of time on that site, ive spent around $800.
Their motto is "sorry about your wallet", go figure.

One way or another, they do have huge insight about headphones and since ill assume its for primary gaming what you want the headphones, the first place id look at is here:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/534479/mad-lust-envys-headphone-gaming-guide-updated-4-4-13-mad-dog-added

YukiaEpin

Honorable
Apr 17, 2013

I'm more of less looking for an average pair of over-the-ear headphones with an easy to replace cord, I'm using skull candy headphones now and they sound pretty good, but they make my ears hurt (from the headphones, not the sound)

Edit : Took a look at that website, it's a bit on the overwhelming side @_@, so I guess I'm looking for over the ear noise cancelling headphones with a detachable/replaceable cord, it'd be nice if they were a little on the louder side.

My last pair of headphones at 20% volume was equal to the pair before it at 100% if that makes any sense.

cats_Paw

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2007
Its a bit hard to get a headhpone like that (sub 100$ with detachable cable.... actually i dont know any model, but since i kinda skiped that price gap).

Hmm, my last headphone before that was a Sennheiser HD 380 PRO (over ear, closed cans with very good quality for the price).

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-380-Pro-Collapsible-Professional/dp/B001UE6I0G/ref=sr_sp-atf_title_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1366280677&sr=8-1&keywords=sennheiser+hd+380+pro

It has detachable cable but i actually never saw the cable itself for sale, so try to check that first.

Volume wise its not going to be very powerfull (note that in many cases, lower percived volume actually means better quality, less background noise).

These headphones worked perfect from my PC, but from my MP3 (delivered 30mW) i had to max volume to have "loud" music (not VERY loud, just loud).