New Headphones/Earphones

Aleatoire

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2009
Hi there. Today the left side of my Sennheiser cx 300-II earphones stopped working. Now I need a new pair! I don't really know where to start looking. I don't know if I want earphones or headphones. I like the convenience of earphones but I've heard that headphones have better sound quality (of course it depends on the pair).
So could someone recommend some good earphones/headphones I should take a look at? Nothing overly expensive, around the $100 mark maybe. Sound quality is of course what I'm after along with durability. I like a good natural sound.
Thanks in advance.

Aleatoire

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2009
I'm in New Zealand. $100 US is about the same as $133 NZ. Things are slightly more expensive here. The HD 448's are about $170 NZ which is about what I'm wanting to spend so that sort of level of headphone seems about right.

Also, I'l be using these with an MP3 player. I hear some headphones need an amp to power them so they wouldn't really be any use to me.

TheViper

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2006
Actually, the bass is very representative of where it should be. Many headsets overcompensate the bass and that can distort the rest of the sound. The HD 448's produce a very clear bass that isn't too low or to high.

Besides, if you need more bass, tweak the EQ settings if you can.