New iPhone 3G S Uses 600 MHz CPU, 2X RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
[citation][nom]ben850[/nom]What is the battery life like with all this upgraded hardware?[/citation]
The battery is a little better... but marginal.

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
[citation][nom]Kill@dor[/nom]That's not a bad upgrade, but again, the iphone 3g should have had this kind of hardware/software already.[/citation]
The 3g hardware is good man... Its the missing software that was an issue.
If people Jailborke thier 3g they would have had this software already.... I even have a video camera on my 3g (for about 6 months now)

Luscious

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2006
[citation][nom]tjhva[/nom]Tom's quoting Anand. That all I got.[/citation]
That's how low Tom's Hardware has come - instead of "making" the news like they used to do, they now plagiarize the competition.

dyingcat

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2008
[citation][nom]Luscious[/nom]That's how low Tom's Hardware has come - instead of "making" the news like they used to do, they now plagiarize the competition.[/citation]
It's not plagiarism if they give reference to the source isn't it?

Talking crap about Tom's Hardware seems like the cool thing to do these days. Though I wish they are stricter in their editing, aren't you guys having too much nerd fun bashing them?

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
[citation][nom]tjhva[/nom]Tom's quoting Anand. That all I got.[/citation]

Don't make me go to anand now...
I like the community here (why, I don't know).

Regardless, it's nice to know this.

[citation][nom]Luscious[/nom]That's how low Tom's Hardware has come - instead of "making" the news like they used to do, they now plagiarize the competition.[/citation]

Isn't that what EVERY newspaper company does?

So which has better 3d capability, the iPhone 3gs or the PSP?
I much prefer the layout of the original psp though. The iPhone does not appeal to me visually. Plus my big hands make a touch screen useless.

enewmen

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2005
THG.

Please send a little time on other phones that should be every bit as good as the iPhone 32gig. The Nokia n97 for example.

I am an Apple hater (just because Apple forces me to use their products only 1 way). Those specs are still cool though! :)

doomsdaydave11

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2007
[citation][nom]soldier37[/nom]All the apple haters I love it. 99% of them never used one or even know what there missing just like to hate. I have my first gen 8gb iphone still and no issues its been great the last 16 months. I will be upgrading on the 19th to a 3gs 32 gb and it will be like a whole new phone. Go Apple I say. Next year Im sure it will be 4G HD oled screen with 64 gb and thinner.[/citation]
Most of us know full well that Apple makes quality products, and their price points are slowly becoming reasonable.

But even Mac lovers have nothing to counter the lack of expandability, software, and games on Macintosh.

Besides- who likes being a generic cookie cutter person with those crappy white earbuds? (You get my point)

pender21

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2008
PSP has better graphics, but has slow loading times and is clunky. The iPhone is so great because people carry their phones everywhere. Some people think twice about carrying a PSP/DS with them. Plus there has not been a good PSP game out in over a year, so Apple should really market the Ipod touch (not iphone) as a gaming platform with multimedia capabilities like the PSP is marketed.

rexoverbey

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2009
Carmack said the 3G S OpenGL ES 2.0 is better than the PSP. He said though he will stick with the OpenGL ES 1.1 (Doom Resurection) until the 3G S has a bigger base. I really want the 3G S now that I know it has the PowerVR SGX. We should see some great games in the next year.

G

if apple should be making gaming consoles, my advice is to try something with an ATI-AMD solution. I'm pretty sure they can make a good offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.