New iPod Nano Records Video, Has FM Tuner

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tester24

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
Apple fails again.... Oh well it only took them how many generations to put a simple FM tuner in the iPod... Oh well there is always next year.

hixbot

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2007
Ok, I've been wanting to buy a nano. I decided to wait since the new gen is coming out. now i hear i have to pay for a camera i absolutely dont want in my mp3 player. guess i'll buy last gen, once the price drops.

it just erks me that they think they can keep it at the same price point despite dropping flash prices, just by adding a camera noone wants. they should of doubled storage, dropped the camera, and kept it at the same price. seriously, a camera in the nano?!

tester24

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
Well it is Apples calling card to change the hardware just a little bit then keep everything at the same price point. I mean look at the the Macbooks and Mac Pros, they add a little bit faster hardware and bam, they charge you the same ammount of money it has been forever and what do you get instead of making it cheaper. A computer that can open safari one second faster. And the funny thing is people actually eat that sh*t up.

Case and point

G

Is Apple selling a nano with an FM Tuner that can't be recorded off the air? Even my $20 Sanclip will record FM IN STEREO off the air. If I'm at work and I want to record a news break no problem, a couple presses of a button will do it. Can the new NANO do this? I'm getting no confirmation and I'm not going to buy one just to find out it can't do something that the other brands have done for years.

tester24

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
New feature I guess for the Zune is like the radio tagging used for the iPod. You can listen to the song with the FM tuner and next time you sync you can buy it. I thought that was pretty cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.