Solved! new laptop battery not charging

Sam_240

Prominent
Apr 19, 2017
Hi,
I've had my laptop (Packard Bell easynote) for about 3 and a half years. Over the last few months the battery has been getting weaker, from lasting a very small amount of time without being plugged in, needing to be constantly plugged in and last week not turning on at all despite being plugged in. I ordered a new battery online which arrived today and although the laptop now powers on I'm unable to charge it, the light at the bottom doesn't turn on and the battery icon on the screen doesn't indicate that it's plugged in. I've tried using a different charger with both batteries and the light doesn't come on. I've updated the drivers and tried every other solution out there. Can anyone tell me what the problem is? Thanks very much in advance.

Sam_240

Prominent
Apr 19, 2017
Yeah so am I. When I went to the currys pcworld knowhow guys they recommended partmaster.co.uk. battery cost £45 so it's baffling that it doesn't work.

Sam_240

Prominent
Apr 19, 2017
Just an update if anyone was interested. Tried charging the new battery with a third charger that I had lying around and voila it's started charging! Strange series of events but hopefully it's resolved now.