New laptop for work...and play a bit.

testudoAubreii

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
Hello,

Hello!

I am looking for a new laptop for work. I am a web developer, with a bit of graphic design on the side. I am a gamer and I have a gaming rig. I will be using the laptop for some gaming, though. I will mostly be game-streaming, so big resource intensive games will be handle by the rig and not the laptop. I will just probably wind up playing older titles like Medieval II/Empire Total War, Just Cause 2, NBA 2K15, Assassin's Creed, Battlefield...etc. I have a mid-2014 MacBook Pro Retina display i7/16GB/512GB that I am selling, so no more Apple for me. I will be looking for a Windows based laptop. Anyhow, here is the list:

Budget:
$1400-1700 (less expensive is always good though lol)

U.S.

Uses:
Web Development/Graphic Design (Photoshop/Illustrator/Dreamweaver multiple browsers and browser tabs running simultaneously)/Light gaming

Screen Size:
15" max.

Resolution:
1920 x 1080

Games/Settings:
Any games, really. From Older Battlefield, Total War, GTA, Skyrim...etc. Medium to high.

Windows 8.1

HDD/SSD:
At least 256GB

Thank you in advance for your help!

Solution
That works too. You might be able to configure the one I linked to be just a little less, but MSI is also a good brand.

I have an older MSI gaming laptop and it's been very good to me.

ThatVietGuy

Distinguished

testudoAubreii

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012

Thank you for your reply!

I am really about to pull the trigger on this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834152686&cm_re=msi_gs60-_-34-152-686-_-Product

It looks like a decent laptop for a alright price. What do you think? I am still open for your suggestions, though.

Thanks, again!