New Laptop - Frozen!

jeff325

Estimable
May 26, 2015
I’m about ready to return my new Lenova laptop and just get my money back. I’m having all sorts of problems and no one seems able to help me with my having to spend a lot of money to find out the solutions to the problems.

Let me explain. A few weeks ago I bought a new Lenova laptop at Best Buy. Model #80E3, Serial #PF077LDU.

The first thing I discovered is that when I unplugged the cable from my current old HP tower computer (running Windows XP) it didn’t work with the new laptop. Each time I changed computers, I found that I needed to turn the modem off and reboot it. That’s the first issue. Why?

Then I powered up the new computer. I went through the set-up steps, including creating a Lenova ID and password and a Microsoft account and password. I got a message in my old computer hotmail that I had registered correctly and they included some kind of code – 7 digits. I have no idea what this is for.

Next I clicked on the Internet Explorer box on the front screen. The laptop gives me a message that it cannot connect to the Internet. The diagnostic button that promises to figure out why does nothing. No message, no guidance. Thanks a lot, Lenova, for not including a user’s manual or a troubleshooting guide.

Now, none of my IDs and passwords work. They don’t do anything. And when I power up the laptop, no sign-in regime works and I end p with a camera shot of myself. The heading above my real-time video says “identifying…”

Below the video it says “log in with previous user account.” I tried that. Nothing works. I cannot do anything with this computer.

I took it back to Best Buy. When the computer sales guy saw the above screen with the video he said, “That doesn’t look right. Looks like some sort of Malware to me.” The Geek Squad wants $200 to say hello. No way. What do I do now? I must have done something wrong, but I don’t know what. And I don’t know how to fix whatever problem I have. I’m fed up- and about ready to get rid of this computer and try something else. Any suggestions??

Someone please email me at <removed by Moderator>