Solved! New Laptop I'm Confused

gregisclueless

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2009
I'm in market for a new laptop. I used the below questionnaire. I am bizarre. Any recommendations are much appreciated.

1_What is your budget?
$1500
2_What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
15 inch. Weight is non-issue
3_What screen resolution do you want?
1080p
4_Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
portable
5_How much battery life do you need?
6_Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Oblivion: High. Warcraft 3: High
7_What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.)
no CD/DVD drive needed
8_How much storage (H.D.D Capacity) do you need?
Any capacity is fine.
9_If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post the links to them.
Any site
10_How long do you want to keep your laptop?
3 yrs
11_What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
None
12_Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
Any brand except Apple (I love apple but I will have to do business stuff with this laptop)
13_What country do you live in?
USA
14_Please tell us any additional information if needed.
Current laptop is Dell XPS M1710.

Solution
Its hard to find a laptop with 5 hours of battery life capable of running games at good settings.
I was going to recommend Alienware M15x and Sager NP8690 which meets your needs but have 2-3(for M15x) and 1(for Sager model) hours of battery life
Its hard to find a laptop with 5 hours of battery life capable of running games at good settings.
I was going to recommend Alienware M15x and Sager NP8690 which meets your needs but have 2-3(for M15x) and 1(for Sager model) hours of battery life

Solution

gregisclueless

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2009
Wow thanks guys. I haven't even heard of those laptops. I'm glad I posted the query. By the way, I was recommended to check out Dell studio 15 (configuration pasted below).. is the studio 15 comparable to the Asus G51 and Clevo?

PROCESSORS Intel® Core™ i7-720QM Quad Core Processor @ 1.6GHz (2.8GHz Turbo Mode, 6MB Cache)

OPERATING SYSTEM Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64bit, English

WARRANTY AND SERVICE 2 Yr Ltd Hardware Warranty, InHome Service after Remote Diagnosis
In-Home Service after Remote Diagnosis: for issues covered by Limited Hardware Warranty, technician and/or part will be dispatched, if necessary, usually in 1 or 2 business days following Remote Diagnosis. During Remote Diagnosis, you may be asked to access the inside of your system (where safe to do so) or to participate in troubleshooting until a cause can be isolated.

HD DISPLAY 15.6” Full High Definition (1080p) High Brightness LED Display with TrueLife™ and Camera

MEMORY 4GB Shared Dual Channel DDR3 at 1066MHz

HARD DRIVE 320GB SATA Hard Drive (7200RPM)

OPTICAL DRIVE 8X Slot Load CD/DVD Burner (Dual Layer DVD+/-R Drive)

BATTERY OPTIONS 85 Whr Lithium Ion Battery (9 cell)

WIRELESS CARDS Dell 1520 Wireless-N Card

MOBILE CONNECTIVITY Internal Mobile Broadband not included

SOUND OPTIONS High Definition Audio 2.2

KEYBOARD Back-lit Keyboard

TRENDING THREADS