Commendable
Aug 19, 2016
laptop specs:
Asus x556UB
I7 6500U
8GB RAM
Nvidia 940M
256 SSD
i wanna run WOW on my work when i have free time, my friend will a laptop weaker then this can run it smooth with low-medium settings.
for me the game is running at 90 FPS then drops to 10-20.. everytime completly unplayable
and when i watch movies the movie stutter and this screen is cutting it self everytime
BUT
when i force laptop to use INTEL Graphic card, the game runs O.K [ not best FPS but smooth with no fps drops ] and movies run smooth...
so i guess something worng with my nvidia 940M.
i tried clean reinstall drivers [ both old and new ]
i am at max preformance, CPU set to 99% ,
i am really lost and dont know waht to do... :(

Solution

In that case the next thing to check is what's running at the same time as those drops. Could be that something is using the integrated graphics to run something at the same time.

As for movies, get MPC-HC and use the sync renderer using intel graphics only (no sense in using the 940m, even for 4K video), that should fix any playback issues.

zinzana

Commendable
Aug 19, 2016
my 940M is up to date mate, i used DDU to unistall all nvidia drivers and then download latest version from nvidia website...
movies and games are still stuttering

In that case the next thing to check is what's running at the same time as those drops. Could be that something is using the integrated graphics to run something at the same time.

As for movies, get MPC-HC and use the sync renderer using intel graphics only (no sense in using the 940m, even for 4K video), that should fix any playback issues.

Solution