New laptop (offcourse)

Surfer99

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
So i am looking at getting my self a new laptop for study

1_What is your budget?
around 400£-600£

2_What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
15+ will do fine

3_What screen resolution do you want?
1024*768 or higher

4_Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
more portable

5_How much battery life do you need?
4hours atleast need to be able to run trough a lecture without having to worry about plugs, if this requires a 2nd battery that has to be included in the 600£ max

6_Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Not really older games mainly and medium will do fine

7_What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing, surfing the web, playing music, watching movies, Etc.)
surfing/music/movies/photo's not into video editing so not needed

8_How much storage (H.D.D Capacity) do you need?
well the more the better but anything below 40 is a no go

9_If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post the links to them.
www.prcdata.dk
was especially looking at this laptop http://www.prcdata.dk/produkt/acer-extensa-5620-5a2g16mi/84949950/ or http://www.prcdata.dk/produkt/asus-f5rl-ap238c/83400955/

10_How long do you want to keep your laptop?
3-4 years

12_Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
Cannot be sony, dislike them and avoid them in all their shapes.

13_What country do you live in?
Denmark

I realise that the asus has an older cpu with slower Ghz and it states a max of 2gb so i loose out on upgrading

How much do i loose how big an impact does it have? is there other PC's available in the 400-600£ bracket? *exchange rate is aprox 1£ = 10Dkr.

1 thing i would like to stress i would very much like the option for extended 3 year warranty on the product, and i have been browsing the dell website but couldnt find anything i particularly liked, if you recommend an IBM please note that the price must include onsite warranty (the IBM's i found generally seemed too expensive but i dont mind going a bit down in specs if there is an IBM that is recommendable)

Have i missed something important?

Thanks for reading.