NEW Laptop Really Slow

Status
Not open for further replies.

RossCurtis3

Estimable
Dec 26, 2015
I was given a new laptop for Christmas and I've started using it and son realized it is running VERY slow.
It is running Windows 10 and I know the internet is not to blame for the entire problem as I can watch videos fine on my tablet but on the laptop it has to buffer every 5 seconds (literally) when watching on the same video quality.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Solution
Avast Free or just it leave it be and it will use windows defender by default if you have windows 8 or windows 10.
Personally I would recommend windows defender (I am using it right now with windows 10) as it is sufficient and it does not require a lot of resources and it is free from any form of advertisement from the anti virus company.
Other thing is to monitor the CPU usage and check which program uses most of the CPU percentage.

unreal9400

Honorable
Aug 4, 2012

That explains why it is slow
http://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-E-Series-E1-6010-Notebook-Processor.115407.0.html
it is a dual core CPU running at 1.35 GHz so the performance is to be expected.
First thing I would like to know is what kind of anti-virus does the laptop have?
If it came with McAfee anti virus pre-installed i suggest uninstalling it.

RossCurtis3

Estimable
Dec 26, 2015

It did come with McAfee pre-installed but if I uninstall it what would you recommend to install in its place?

unreal9400

Honorable
Aug 4, 2012
Avast Free or just it leave it be and it will use windows defender by default if you have windows 8 or windows 10.
Personally I would recommend windows defender (I am using it right now with windows 10) as it is sufficient and it does not require a lot of resources and it is free from any form of advertisement from the anti virus company.
Other thing is to monitor the CPU usage and check which program uses most of the CPU percentage.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS