New laptop stuck between MSI or HP Omen

spunge9000

Estimable
Apr 28, 2014
I am wanting to buy a new laptop. I have narrowed down to two models both are the exact same price.

The first is a MSI GP72MVR with an i7-7700hq GTX 1060 6g 1080p 8g DDR4 1T+128SSD

The second is a HP Omen with the exact same specs but with G sync.

Both are at the top of my budget. Was wondering which would you recommend. From what I have read with MSI its either love it or hate it. But I am not sure about HP. I am not sure how much I trust them with a gaming laptop. The HP has G sync but is that worth it, to pick that one over the MSI?

Also if you know of any other brand I should look for, that would be very helpful. Looking for something with similar specs. Don't want to go any higher as the laptops tend to get heavy with higher specs and that is what I have my desktop for. Thanks

Solution
I am a lover of MSI, don't go to HP, especially for gaming. With a G-Sync MSI laptop, you shouldn't have as many problems down the road. Hope this helps!

jasonkaler

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2011

I personally stay away from HP and would recommend the MSI instead. Just my 2 cents, after seeing several bad HPs

Will_49

Commendable
Oct 3, 2016
I am a lover of MSI, don't go to HP, especially for gaming. With a G-Sync MSI laptop, you shouldn't have as many problems down the road. Hope this helps!

Solution