New Mass Effect Prequel Anime Trailer Unveiled

Status
Not open for further replies.

s997863

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2007
Unveiled? more appropriate words would be "spewed", "hurled", "milked" ...

yeah, I hate EA, and the ending still sucks.

phishy714

Distinguished
May 16, 2011
When the Government comes knocking, everyone exclaims that games are an artform and should not be changed/restricted by the Government, much like paintings and film are left alone for the most part.

But when a game developer does something according to THEIR VISION of the story and the game, everyone ups and shouts and whines that its not good and they should change it and start to sue said game developer to get their money back.

Oh the double standard..

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
think of the music that played during one of the archer montages, think of that but ea emploies bathing themselves in money from masseffect.

that said, depending on who did the story and if T.O Entertainment was just contracted to animate it, it could turn out decently enough.

jkflipflop98

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2006
[citation][nom]phishy714[/nom]When the Government comes knocking, everyone exclaims that games are an artform and should not be changed/restricted by the Government, much like paintings and film are left alone for the most part. But when a game developer does something according to THEIR VISION of the story and the game, everyone ups and shouts and whines that its not good and they should change it and start to sue said game developer to get their money back. Oh the double standard..[/citation]

None of that made any sense whatsoever. You should try thinking about what you want to say before rushing to that "submit my comment" button there, chief.

jellico

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
I agree with digitalwitchcraft. Even before the extended cut, I liked the endings. The extended cut only reinforced what I assumed had happened. I don't quite understand why the ME3 endings are so objectionable. I have come to the conclusion that, perhaps, many of the players aren't well versed enough in classic science fiction (books, not the crap on TV or in movies) and history to appreciate the endings for what they are.

People complain about the A, B, C nature of the endings, but that's really the nature of all decision points: you come to a three-way fork in the road and you pick the best one based on all available information. If you think about what it was you were trying to accomplish in the first place, you (as Commander Shepherd) would only be expecting one outcome: the destruction of the Reapers. Instead, and quite unexpectedly, the curtain got pulled back and you got to see what was really going on and why. Many people didn't like this. I can appreciate this, however. Seldomly is the bad guy purely evil and the reasons for war so clear cut. The real truth is rarely what you expected and it almost always far more ambiguous than you would have thought.

Anyway, I'm not necessarily trying to convert anyone. I just don't think things are always as clear-cut as people would like them to be. For my own part, I think the Mass Effect trilogy was the best game(s) I have ever played, and I would love to see more (games and/or movies) that involve this fantastic and rich backstory.

phishy714

Distinguished
May 16, 2011
[citation][nom]jkflipflop98[/nom]None of that made any sense whatsoever. You should try thinking about what you want to say before rushing to that "submit my comment" button there, chief.[/citation]

Should learn to take your own advice and not post anything at all if it doesn't add anything to the topic. There are support groups that you might want to think about attending regarding that submit button, there. Lots of projecting going on..

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]phishy714[/nom]When the Government comes knocking, everyone exclaims that games are an artform and should not be changed/restricted by the Government, much like paintings and film are left alone for the most part. But when a game developer does something according to THEIR VISION of the story and the game, everyone ups and shouts and whines that its not good and they should change it and start to sue said game developer to get their money back. Oh the double standard..[/citation]

No double standard. Changing something doesn't make it less of an art form. Otherwise music isn't art considering how many times a song is changed until it is released.

Get a clue.

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]jellico[/nom]I agree with digitalwitchcraft. Even before the extended cut, I liked the endings. The extended cut only reinforced what I assumed had happened. I don't quite understand why the ME3 endings are so objectionable. I have come to the conclusion that, perhaps, many of the players aren't well versed enough in classic science fiction (books, not the crap on TV or in movies) and history to appreciate the endings for what they are.People complain about the A, B, C nature of the endings, but that's really the nature of all decision points: you come to a three-way fork in the road and you pick the best one based on all available information. If you think about what it was you were trying to accomplish in the first place, you (as Commander Shepherd) would only be expecting one outcome: the destruction of the Reapers. Instead, and quite unexpectedly, the curtain got pulled back and you got to see what was really going on and why. Many people didn't like this. I can appreciate this, however. Seldomly is the bad guy purely evil and the reasons for war so clear cut. The real truth is rarely what you expected and it almost always far more ambiguous than you would have thought. Anyway, I'm not necessarily trying to convert anyone. I just don't think things are always as clear-cut as people would like them to be. For my own part, I think the Mass Effect trilogy was the best game(s) I have ever played, and I would love to see more (games and/or movies) that involve this fantastic and rich backstory.[/citation]

The endings are shit, and it's already been explained in detail why they are shit.

Jeremy Jahns, Angry Joe Show and especially MrBtongue all made videos tearing about the ending and showed how poor it was in every way.

phishy714

Distinguished
May 16, 2011
[citation][nom]Kami3k[/nom]No double standard. Changing something doesn't make it less of an art form. Otherwise music isn't art considering how many times a song is changed until it is released.Get a clue.[/citation]

Changing something because people bitch and whine that they didn't like it definitely proves the double standard. If a musician releases a song, they don't fucking go back and change it because a few people out there complained about it.

Also the fact that they changed it is not the double standard, idiot. The gamers who cry out that its an artform one day in the face of the government and then cry and bitch the next when something is released that they don't like and demand that the developers change it. That's the double standard.

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]phishy714[/nom]Changing something because people bitch and whine that they didn't like it definitely proves the double standard. If a musician releases a song, they don't fucking go back and change it because a few people out there complained about it. Also the fact that they changed it is not the double standard, idiot. The gamers who cry out that its an artform one day in the face of the government and then cry and bitch the next when something is released that they don't like and demand that the developers change it. That's the double standard.[/citation]

You're one of those drones that ignore the actual arguments people have made.

You are like a creationist. Hell, are you one? You certainly are acting like you are.

And no there is no double standard.

Changing something doesn't make it less of an piece of art. You have yet to explain how that is so and just repeated your original comment like an creationist would.

Also games being changed it not unknown, even with movies it not unknown to happen. So again, what is your point being acting like a child and ignoring all the valid arguments against the ending?

greatsaltedone

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2010
Caving to public pressure rather than sticking by the original vision cheapens the final product. This is a principle central to artistic integrity.

The endings didn't bother me a bit. I had actually predicted that's how it would end up when I finished ME2.

jellico

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
[citation][nom]Kami3k[/nom]The endings are shit, and it's already been explained in detail why they are shit.Jeremy Jahns, Angry Joe Show and especially MrBtongue all made videos tearing about the ending and showed how poor it was in every way.[/citation]
That doesn't make them right. It only demonstrates that quite a lot of people didn't get it, for whatever reason. Think about what you're saying... someone else's creative work is wrong/bad because you and a bunch of other people say it is. Sorry, but doesn't work that way. You can say that you guys didn't like it, but that's really all you can say.

I've seen the explanations for why the endings are supposedly bad, and they simply reinforce my believe that those people (and clearly you) simply didn't get it or just didn't like it. I've actually had the opportunity to sit down and talk with other gamers who felt the ending was bad, and explain to them why I felt the opposite. Granted, the discussion took a couple of hours, but in the end, the gamers in question had a change of heart. So perhaps that's the biggest problem... to appreciate the ending requires a good knowledge of history and classic science fiction. Lacking that, you don't understand that and you feel cheated. It's really amusing that you liken people who don't agree with you to creationists when it is you who are being closed-mind. You are the creationist who feels confident in your point of view, based on the fact that so many people agree with you. That is poor debating technique and underscores the weakness of your argument.

G

This anime is amazing really epic scale i lost faith in this shit after ea destroyed the greatest game on the plant with ten mins of shit but this film is awesome 11/10

Status
Not open for further replies.