New mic makes weird 'squiggly' noises.

Sep 29, 2018
I just got the new rode nt1 kit along with a digital interface called "Behringer euphoria um2." Whether im just playing a game and using the microphone for chat, or recording audipo through audacity, i get this weird , alien-like noise. It's not a static noise, so i cant isolate it out of a file. Again its like little green men are in the mic talking. Can anyone tell me what this is?[video="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAP90jMWqdM"][/video]

Solution
When you open sounds are there any other inputs that are open?

There is usually a 3.5mm mic input at the front of the case and at the rear of the motherboard. Have you tried both with different mics? Buying/using a sound card with a mic input for use in a PCIe slot may circumvent that sound.

Librivox...

aquielisunari

Distinguished
When you open sounds are there any other inputs that are open?

There is usually a 3.5mm mic input at the front of the case and at the rear of the motherboard. Have you tried both with different mics? Buying/using a sound card with a mic input for use in a PCIe slot may circumvent that sound.

Librivox...

Solution
Sep 29, 2018

It's hooked up through a usb port in the back that runs through my mixer, which runs through an xlr cable to my microphone.