New multi country cell phone needed

Herman Thrognorton

Honorable
Apr 7, 2015
Being retired, I am going to spend half my time in the USA, the other half in Panama. I need to determine what cell phone would fit the bill, both with ease of use and expense.

My contract with Verizon has just wrapped up and was [planning on going month to month with them while in the US. In Panama, sim cards are cheap ....

Is there a phone that would make my communication life easier. I currently have to swap the sim cards as I travel and while in Panama, my current Samsung Galaxy S4 will only work with calls... no data.

Solution
Any dual-SIM phone wll do the job. There are several on the market and I use a Chinese "Samsung" mobile with British and Dutch SIM cards and it works well using both SIMs in both countries.

I do have some reservations about Samsung's Intellectual Property Rights being violated but it was my phone's manufacturer's theft of those which is their crime and not mine.
Any dual-SIM phone wll do the job. There are several on the market and I use a Chinese "Samsung" mobile with British and Dutch SIM cards and it works well using both SIMs in both countries.

I do have some reservations about Samsung's Intellectual Property Rights being violated but it was my phone's manufacturer's theft of those which is their crime and not mine.

Solution

maynard64

Estimable
Aug 31, 2015

Thanks... but do I have to worry about the CDMA vs. GSM stuff??... I guess if I want to maintain a month to month contract with Verizon... I have to have a CDMA phone?