New Netflix Roku App Runs Lightening Fast

Status
Not open for further replies.

icemunk

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2009
My S802 opens Netflix instantly as well; though it's a quad-2.0 ghz, 2GB ram, and a mali 450 octocore GPU. Not sure what the Rou 3 runs.

Zepid

Honorable
Jan 14, 2014
I hope it comes to the top end Roku 2. But really the current Netflix app seems quick enough for launching videos. It is actually opening the app that is pretty slow. After that though it is as quick as I'd like.

edwinmeese

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2010
I wish the article had been more specific about what they did. Does anybody know? How did they go from stodgy to lightening? Is there now something missing? Seems strange...

somebodyspecial

Honorable
Sep 20, 2012
Pointless if you can't read the screen. Even on a 60in you have to squint to read the print. How about blowing it up about 10points on the fonts? I couldn't care less about the dumb background. Look at all the wasted space in the pic of pretty little liars. They tell you it's pretty little liars TWICE. The smallest print? The actual WORDS you'd want to read describing whatever those pictures are about...ROFL. FAIL. A pic is not worth 1000 words when I'm trying to READ so I know if I want to watch some show or movie or NOT. I've been complaining to both roku and netflix for a while about this. NO response other than "we'll let the management know your complaint" and some even say they hate the fonts themselves (yes, REPS say it directly, "I know I can't read them either"). Screw the pics netflix, RAISE the font size of anything I need to read. As you move over the boxes they do the same. Why not make that blow up HUGE with big fonts too? Instead of a balloon missing much with ... at the end and in a font my parents have to get up to read. Old people can't read this stuff. If I'm mildly tired neither can I and I've had lasik.

Darkk

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2003
Forcing the update on your Roku 3 is not a good idea. I rather they roll it out in batches like they said so if there is an issue the impact would be limited number of customers. Nobody is gonna stop you from doing it but good idea to make sure the update works before applying it.

tobalaz

Honorable
Jun 26, 2012
Hey Netflix!
How about coding your software in HTML 5 for us please?
One batch of code could run on PC, Mac, Android and iOS!
As someone who uses their PC for Netfilix, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ditch Silverlight! Its coded poorly enough even MS won't support it, and they wrote it!

tobalaz

Honorable
Jun 26, 2012
Hey Netflix!
How about coding your software in HTML 5 for us please?
One batch of code could run on PC, Mac, Android and iOS!
As someone who uses their PC for Netfilix, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ditch Silverlight! Its coded poorly enough even MS won't support it, and they wrote it!

Status
Not open for further replies.