New Nexus 7 performance

XAKEP

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2008
Hi guys, I was waiting for something like this for some time now. Last time Nexus 7 came out I almost purchased it and from what I understand people very happy with old Nexus 7. Now in few days new Nexus 7 coming out and I do understand because unit is not out yet you can't really say for sure BUT here is what I'd like to know. I plan to play a lot of movies with it so I am planning to get 32GB version and I would like to know this, because screen is actually 1200p (1920x1200) it'll require a lot of GPU power, I see GPU in there exactly as in my SGS4 but clocked at 400 Mhz instead of 450Mhz on my i337 so how about games, I mean it'll take a lot of push all this pixels. Real Racing 3 , Order and chaos and may be Modern Combat 4. With quad core 1.5 and this GPU can I expect to have smooth gaming or this is not that kind of a unit, once again I do understand that it's not out yet but what do you guys think, I am sure it'll play all movies I'll trow in it including 1080p but how about all this nice 3D latest games will it do the job ? And in general what you think on new device and if you have an old one how do you like updates they did.

Thank you !

HopelessNoob

Honorable
May 28, 2012
the new nexus 7 will run anything you throw it at with ease with the snapdragon s4 pro and then gpu they put in it it'll be able to run games for i would say atleast a year and a half

XAKEP

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2008

Amazing, thank you for your reply. Exactly what I was waiting for. I see benchmarks coming in and they are indeed impressive, very similar to what my i337 numbers look like on 3DMark tests.

HopelessNoob

Honorable
May 28, 2012
you wont go wrong with the new nexus 7 unless you are looking for a bigger screen i personally dumped $500 into a sony xperia tablet z cause i like big screens