New Options for Cable-Free TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

DigitalWarlord

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2011
Great article. I used to pay $164 for cable. I only watched about 10% of the programming, and the on-demand options were limited. Now, I pay roughly about %16 bucks a month. Everything is literally on-demand from Netflix and Hulu, and there's a lot to watch. You just need to know how to find it. For instance, if you're not used to just garbage television(MTV), you can catch up on 36 seasons of Nova on Hulu, or 4 seasons of MadMen on Netflix. Some of us love premium channels, because of the quality of the shows. Well... you can buy the entire 1st season of Game Of Thrones for a little over 30 bucks, and you get to keep that as long as Amazon exist. That's the same price you would pay for one month of HBO. Cheers.

teddymines

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2011
The only plausible reason people still get cable or satellite is for sports or if they really want to watch a new show as soon as it comes out. Besides those reasons, the best alternative is OTA with an optional homemade DVR (windows 7 plus a tuner card), and a couple streaming services. Pay the $16/mo and put the rest of your cable bill toward credit card or car loan debt.

Status
Not open for further replies.