New Samsung SSD Not Read by Computer

Jul 28, 2016
Hello! I realize that there are a few threads regarding a similar subject, but none of them really touch on the problem I'm having.
So, I have a new Dell Inspiron 15 7559, and I've been trying to clone over the existing HDD to an 850 EVO Samsung SSD. I'm using a StarTech.com USB 3.0 2.5" SATA Enclosure to connect it to my computer. Long story short: my computer is recognizing the enclosure, but not the SSD. When I open Disk Management, "Disk 1" is viewable under the Disk 0 for the HDD, however there's no information listed for it other than that there's "No Media." When I open AOMEI Backup, the cloning program I intend to use, only my preexisting HDD appears as an option.
So, in short: is the problem with the enclosure, or the SSD card? I've done a lot of googling around and haven't found an exact answer. Thank you for your time and consideration!

Solution
If no extra SATA cable, then yes, you can power off, disconnect the HDD and connect in place the SSD. Then start the board and see if the SSD is detected in BIOS.
Jul 28, 2016

Hello! Thank you for your response. With all due respect - I'm not quite sure what is meant by this. Would this require buying another connector, or is it alright to put the ssd in the hdd's place for the moment despite it being blank? Sorry, not super experienced with this sort of thing.