New windows install and now there are no drivers

Borkpeci2

Honorable
Dec 28, 2013
My hard drive went out on my Toshiba Satelitte. When I replaced it I tried to re-install windows by using the option built into the lap top. That would not work so I re-installed Windows from a Windows 7 disc I had. Now I have no drivers at all. Toshiba wants to charge me to get these drivers which I don't have the money so I have tried to download onto a jump drive and install them my self and they will not install because the laptop needs to connect to the internet to install them. How do I install the drivers for Wi-Fi at least without having the internet? Any suggestions? The laptop is Model A665-6100.

Ijack

Distinguished
I don't understand why you need to connect to the Internet to install the drivers if you have already downloaded them. I'm not familiar with your particular model but I can't recall ever seeing a driver that required Internet access other than to download them. Otherwise, as you say, how would you install drivers for NICs.

mbarnes86

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
Hi

The original windows 7 was probably 64 bit
What is the windows 7 DVD you used ?
Some drivers contain 32 & 64 bit versions others are different & must match yor windows disk

It is a pity you did not run the recovery disk builder before things went wrong

Like others have said there is no need to go onto the internet before the Windows + drivers + av software is installed

Then connect to the internet to activate & run all the Windows updates

Regards

Mike Barnes

Borkpeci2

Honorable
Dec 28, 2013
I actually did do a windows recovery disc before it totally went down. For some reason that will not work. Thank you all for your help and ideas. I am working on it. I really do appreciate the help. Will let you know the outcome of it all and I will be back.

G

http://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/how-to-install-hardware-or-device-drivers-manually-in-windows-vista/

Is this what you did?

Is it looking for drivers for the USB controller (I doubt it but possibility), before installing the ones from your flash drive for other stuff? Might need to use a CD if that's the case.