New Yahoo! Ad Slams Google for Being Too Bare

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kartu

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
[citation][nom]Shadow703793[/nom]LMAO.The reason people use Google is BECAUSE it isn't CLUTTERED like YAHOO![/citation]
1) I actually never go to the portal to search, just enter the keywords in address bar
2) I care about search results relevance, not about how stupidly simple or stupidly full of crap initial page is
3) google seems to have superior search, except when searching in certain languages

Chetou

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2007
[citation][nom]Shadow703793[/nom]LMAO.The reason people use Google is BECAUSE it isn't CLUTTERED like YAHOO![/citation]

Unfortunately, it seems Google is slowly changing that with the horrible Everything menu on the left. I absolutely hate it!

spoofedpacket

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2009
I just wonder why the sudden focus on Yahoo. We've seen nothing but baiting articles on them for over a week now.

To recap - CEO tries to pump up shareholders during a meeting, which is what she is paid to do, then Tom's repeatedly posts articles of every advertisement, company comment, etc for two weeks.

Is this news posted to inspire intelligent debate, or just add more fuel to the endless circle jerk of everyone agreeing on a topic while getting their fill of bashing people who make more money in a month than they will in an entire life?

Tomtompiper

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2010
Wouldn't use either as a Homepage. I use the BBC for that, as to searching I have a search box in the top right hand corner of my browser, what more do I need?

thesupermedium

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2009
If I wanted an annoying green/multicolored website with useless crap and ads everywhere, I'd use Yahoo. But seriously Yahoo, when Google makes "Google answers" you might as well call it quits.

craxbaggins

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2010
I am not sure what demographic they were reaching for with this ad, but they sure as hell won't be able to snag people that know what a computer is.

And I am actually sure the searching algorithms that Google uses in its search engine is superior to Yahoo's..

husker

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
[citation][nom]TA152H[/nom]The people posting here must aren't thinking too clearly. Yahoo is Yahoo, Google is Google, and they both aren't going to change.[/citation]
Yes, the people here "must are" (sic) thinking clearly. Are you saying that just because yahoo is different than google that we shouldn't intelligently analyze the content of their advertising? Yahoo is putting out a message that states it knows what we want better than we know what we want.
[citation][nom]TA152H[/nom]I can say, you don't miss Google when you stop using it. It's not something you really feel pain when you leave.[/citation]
And here is see that you do the same thing as yahoo, telling others what they will not miss. Sorry, not drinking any of yahoo's kool-aid.

applegetsmelaid

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2010
Yahoo can't stand on its own two feet anymore - they have sold out and used the same marketing strategy as apple: Slander. Their product isn't good enough to speak for itself and represent by example, so they choose to run their mouth about what is a threat to them. Simply an act of desperation.

digiex

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2009
I've been using google since when you search "Who is more evil than satan himself" returned "Microsoft website" as the first search result...

Remember that guys?

shura4ever

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2009
[citation][nom]nadinno78[/nom]I stopped using Bing because the webpages were to crowded. Sorry Yahoo but I like the minimalist approach.[/citation]
Exactly my thoughts

G

That's the whole point, i use google because its home page ISN'T cluttered with all that garbage. If i go to a search page i go there to search, i don't want all the crap in my way.

Its the same reason i stuck with altavista for so long, because it had a bare home page. All the others had so much crap i couldnt bring myself to use them. Yahoo included its always had so much crap in the way i never use it.

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
I still use Yahoo but only for the news. That's it. Well, to check the weather, too but that can be classified as news. I don't use it for searching. I USE TO pay for the Personals. Not anymore, even though I may, again. I'm getting tired of using free personals services only to be spammed.

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
so why is google stock so much higher than yahoo stock? way maybe it's because google is bare, fuck yes fuck lazy ass yahoo, this kind of stuff pisses me off. what's up with all the hate again google? google does a lot more than most people know about. so to all the yahoo fan-boys, fuck you

p05esto

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2001
I see no point to Google as a web page. I use the search in other applications, browser search bar etc....but it's been years since I actually went to google.com. Who would, that would be stupid start page. Yahoo, MSN, CNN are much nicer as start pages and for a glimpse on your online world. It's a portal destination, Google is just a tool....and search is old and tired in my eyes, big fricking deal you have a minimal search box. Wow, amazing, time to upgraded Google, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.