News Corp. is Thinking of Selling MySpace

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

requiemsallure

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2009
[citation][nom]kingnoobe[/nom]You can't make something like facebook any more safe (maybe on a code level as far as their security goes). But it's usually you're average joe/jane that get themselves into trouble. Just like anything else (open wifi routers, etc..). Then they bitch and whine when people find out their info that THEY posted. Now facebook could just be a fad, but until somebody does it better it's gonna be around. Also remember you're not the center of the universe just because you don't like something doesn't mean it sucks for everybody.[/citation]

you could make facebook more safe when you log in to facebook it would be easy to get your password from you. facebook doesn't use secure login no SSH/TLS. it has the ability to do it but it isnt even the newest version of TLS that facebook CAN implement, and even that isnt inabled by default. Also the hash your password is stored in on facebook is in MD5 which can be descovered pretty easy even if you dont initially sniff the password out. my home computer could probably create a collision with a MD5 has in about 20 seconds... and people think they are secure.

joebob2000

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
Myspace is failing because NewsCorp bought it and didn't realize the breitbart sites were where all their readers/viewers flocked to already. Changing course on that is next to impossible. They need to just rename it RightSpace, paint everything red, and offer little "nobama" avatar icons. At least then it will be true to itself, and maybe they will attract some of their own customers to cross over.

pinkfloydminnesota

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
I don't see facebook dying anytime soon. It's useful on a number of fronts and everyone is familiar with it. What replaces it's unique ability to keep people in touch with each other across time and space so simply. It's easy to protect your privacy: don't share private things.

mayne92

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009
You people can "underscore" all you want, fact is, what the logo is is not an underscore but the "space" symbol. So in my eyes, quite a few morons here.

rj7658

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2011
the reason I hate myspace is also the reason why I liked it for so long. You was able to change your layout of your profile, instead of everyone has the same CSS. When the fake accounts started showing up with the layout that send you to a different site or all of the spammers,thats when it was time to get out of dodge.

Status
Not open for further replies.