Next Amazon Tablet May Be Called Kindle Ice

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]slicedtoad[/nom]lol, i think i'll buy the ice and the fire and then read "a song of ice and fire" switching between the two tablets. or maybe not.[/citation]
So North chapters on Ice and Southern chapters on Fire? What about Dany's parts in Essos and Arya's in Bravvos though?

10basetom

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2006
[citation][nom]amk-aka-Phantom[/nom]I really don't understand about Amazon products. They're always more closed, less feature-rich, etc. than they competitors. Take Kindle, for example... Can someone explain what's so good about them? I'm just trying to understand; maybe I'm missing something?[/citation]

Being "closed" is not always a bad thing. Lots of people prefer being inside a walled garden where everything is curated for you. Life is important, so not everyone has the time to try out every freaking app in the Android Marketplace, read through technical and hacky rooting guidelines, etc. I used to be in the "gotta root my device" camp, but now that I have a family I prefer the walled garden approach.

Status
Not open for further replies.