Next Gen iPhone Specs "Leaked"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acesopro

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2009
But, real talk: wouldn't the upgraded processor and memory size actually increase the rate at which the battery is used?

Meaning, it's going to require more recharges than the previous generations of iPhones.

Tindytim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
I don't see the point in releasing a new product unless the gap in performance is going to be greater than double, it just makes it more difficult and confusing to develop for a specific device.

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]bustapr[/nom]Dang its all Jane today.[/citation]

Is that a bad thing? Don't forget for the guys in the US office, it's only 0910. Give them a chance. :p

frozenlead

Distinguished
[citation][nom]Acesopro[/nom]But, real talk: wouldn't the upgraded processor and memory size actually increase the rate at which the battery is used?Meaning, it's going to require more recharges than the previous generations of iPhones.[/citation]
Agree. As I remember, the consumption rate of my old Dell axim 90 (624MHz) was massive compared to the 30 (300MHz or so). Course, they're a different architecture completely, but it's the only comparison I've got. That, plus the extra RAM and auto-thisthat features...all adds up to less battery life. Which you still can't replace.

cryogenic

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2006
Whenever an iPhone discharges the user is forced to plug it in and then iTunes pops up with the latest "appz" (usually games, farting machines and alike), so I don't see why Apple would want it's customers to recharge less often, or maybe bigger batteries are more expensive and a company that sells overpriced phones can't afford them ...

mforce2

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2006
I think that the processor and RAM will use newer manufacturing techniques so power usage will probably stay pretty much the same.
Anyway it seems like only a small bump in the specs.
I'm sure Apple could have improved the battery life a little but probably not by much since there's only so much space for the battery, and lowering the consumption would have ment less performance. Maybe a new screen to use less power ... Anyway I think that while people will be complaining about bettery life and non replaceable battery they'll keep buying the iPhone so it's not a real problem for Apple. Apparently the specs aren't a priority for them either, the new phones out there have 8 MP camera, 1 GHz CPU, HD video recording... Oh well

norbs

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
[citation][nom]Acesopro[/nom]But, real talk: wouldn't the upgraded processor and memory size actually increase the rate at which the battery is used?Meaning, it's going to require more recharges than the previous generations of iPhones.[/citation]

possible it all depends on the process used to create both processor and ram. kinda like a 45nm cpu uses a lot less power then a 65nm cpu does.

norbs

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
[citation][nom]Cryogenic[/nom]Whenever an iPhone discharges the user is forced to plug it in and then iTunes pops up with the latest "appz" (usually games, farting machines and alike), so I don't see why Apple would want it's customers to recharge less often, or maybe bigger batteries are more expensive and a company that sells overpriced phones can't afford them ...[/citation]

huh? what version of the iPhone are you using? Think you got a knockoff... besides that i also have what they call a "phone charger" which i can skip plugging it into my computer.

norbs

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
[citation][nom]jeraldjunkmail[/nom]HTC has been offering phones with these specs for over a year now. Apple sells antiquated hardware at hardball prices. I am not amused...[/citation]

htc has some nice phones like the touch but it's not always about specs software counts too...

so much hate... with all the time you spend hating the iPhone you probably could of been going to the gym and doing something positive.

norbs

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
[citation][nom]stlunatic[/nom]I can read chinese and this is bogus information...Obviously a prank from chinese site.[/citation]
Translate!

norbs

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
[citation][nom]stlunatic[/nom]Dont have time mate...Must go to gym and then do something positive...[/citation]
lol sad man...

solymnar

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2006
For the most part.

Any device that doesn't allow me to replace the battery...and wants me to pay some obnoxious fee to have someone else open a case and replace it...is a device I will not buy.

That would be like buying a projector...and when the bulb goes bad, have to ship it in and pay 2x what the bulb is worth for someone else to open the case and screw it in.

That and for me I like having longer battery life on a phone, especially for trips. My phone, camera, and sansa all have very long battery life. I don't need to worry about them going out on me and wearing down durring the day/night.

So for the iphone its battery and replacement is just too ineficient of a notion for me to even consider. That said I'm happy for everyone who likes their gagets. To each their own.

Status
Not open for further replies.