Nexus One Running Android 2.2 is 450% Faster

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlcloud

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
Soon, we'll have to question the validity of purchasing an iphone/itouch outside of fashion reasons.

Oh wait, we're already doing that.

Pyroflea

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2007
[citation][nom]put me in jail[/nom]don't know what nexus and android is,... sorry[/citation]

Nexus = Google's Smartphone
Android = Google's Smarphone OS

cj_online

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2008
I so want a Nexus One...

Maybe I should be like Apple and sue every other developer and manufacturer out there... and make money that way..

Abrahm

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2007
[citation][nom]mlcloud[/nom]Soon, we'll have to question the validity of purchasing an iphone/itouch outside of fashion reasons.Oh wait, we're already doing that.[/citation]
It hasn't even been worth questioning since the Motorola Droid came out. Want a smart phone powerhouse? Droid does.

The article doesn't mention this, but the huge boost to performance is due to them adding a JIT(Just In Time) compiler to the Dalvik virtual machine. So if you thought your apps ran fast before, just wait until they are running with JIT.

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
[citation][nom]mlcloud[/nom]Soon, we'll have to question the validity of purchasing an iphone/itouch outside of fashion reasons.Oh wait, we're already doing that.[/citation]

LOL. Seriously? Fanboys are funny (and illogical.)

There is only one phone I'd rather have than an iPhone 3G S. The Incredible.

bonezy

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
[citation][nom]Blessedman[/nom]Forget the Nexus one, I want an Incredible! Same phone more polished with an 8mp camera![/citation]

Megapixels do not a great camera make.

My ancient Olympus 1.3 MP digital camera still takes better pictures than any phone camera I have ever seen.

cj_online

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2008
[citation][nom]bonezy[/nom]Megapixels do not a great camera make.My ancient Olympus 1.3 MP digital camera still takes better pictures than any phone camera I have ever seen.[/citation]

Spelling also doesn't "ur opinion, stronger"... see wht i did there... ZING.

randomizer

Distinguished
[citation][nom]cj_online[/nom]Spelling also doesn't "ur opinion, stronger"... see wht i did there... ZING.[/citation]
I see that you failed to point out his poetic grammar by using a comparative ("stronger") instead of a verb.

webbwbb

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2009
[citation][nom]tayb[/nom]LOL. Seriously? Fanboys are funny (and illogical.)There is only one phone I'd rather have than an iPhone 3G S. The Incredible.[/citation]

Haha, this is quite an ironic statement...

Status
Not open for further replies.