Nikon Coolpix s3100

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaykay52910

Honorable
Jul 26, 2012
I have a Nikon Coolpix s3100 and it won't turn on, I tried charging it overnight and it still won't turn on.. Do I have to get a new battery?

petclips

Honorable
Oct 29, 2012

try this ... i had the same problem with the same camera and this fixed it.

remove the battery, and remove the memory card ... then re-install the battery & turn on the camera.

this process seems to reset the camera, if the battery ran too low.

now you can re-install the memory card & battery and resume normal operation.

be sure to check for the small flashing green light on the back of the camera (next to the "flash" indicator symbol). it should be blinking when the camera is charging.

i hope this helps you. :)

Wobomagonda

Honorable
Apr 27, 2013

You Sir are my new personal hero. 3 Days I've been trying to charge it, gutted that the camera just died after only 1 year of very limited use. Was just looking to replace the battery(rip off!) when stumbled on this. Can't believe I didn't think of trying this but it totally worked.
So thank you very much. May your sons be well hung and your daughters be douche repellents.

petclips

Honorable
Oct 29, 2012

rofl ... i'm very happy to help.

and thanx for the chuckle ... i needed that :)

Wobomagonda

Honorable
Apr 27, 2013

Well I'm glad it made you laugh - on re-reading it's not the most gracious way of saying thank you, but I was really excited. But thank you - seriously.

Janet Delfuerte

Honorable
Jul 12, 2013
ITS NOT THE BATTERIES -- check out the internet (google "nikon coolpix battery exhausted" and you'll see hundreds of people are experiencing this glitch. best fix i've found so far: remove batteries and memory card, then replace batteries and try again. Maybe firmware update works too, but this fix is not confirmed.

PieGirl

Honorable
Jul 25, 2013
I love chatrooms/discussion pages! My camera wasn't showing any lights or anything when I tried to charge it. It looked like it was going to cost me £50 for a new battery and charger potentially. Then I thought I'd just check the internet....... Took battery out. Took memory card out. Put battery in. BINGO! Little blinking charge light now going. Hurrah! Thank you lovely people :)

Momo Iko

Honorable
Jun 27, 2013

Thank you so much, i was having a same problem, this really helps :)

AnnW

Honorable
Oct 10, 2013

You are my personal hero too... I had tried taking the battery out and putting it back in but not the battery and the memory card together... I was thinking the worst!
Thanks Ann

Status
Not open for further replies.