Nintendo 3DS: Futuristic Handheld, Retro Battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

septembrium

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2011
Anyone know what the specs are on the QR Code reader features of the Nintendo 3DS? It's pretty hard to find information about it. Can't wait to get my hand on it by the way!

dconnors

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2009
[citation][nom]septembrium[/nom]Anyone know what the specs are on the QR Code reader features of the Nintendo 3DS? It's pretty hard to find information about it. Can't wait to get my hand on it by the way![/citation]

Are you looking for something specific? To read QR codes you use the camera on the back of the 3DS, but beyond that Nintendo has been pretty tight-lipped on things.

-Devin

shqtth

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2008
Not an untested technology. Most of the samsung LCD displsys had this 3d technology at the Vancouver 2010 (winder olympics).

I seen it when I visited the Ontario Pavilion. It was quite cool. And it works !

Nexus52085

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2009
Nice review. Thanks, Toms. I really don't think I'll be able to get one on day one, even though I'd really like to. That being said, I played this thing at the demo station in Grand Central, and it is a whole lot of fun.

arlandi

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2007
Speaking as a father of 2 girls:
The short battery life issue may be a good thing for children playing this gadget. since sometimes they can be glued to their games for a very long time. short battery life will force them to take a break and do other things (like study, do their homework, etc).
Speaking as a gamer:
i hope this thing will autosave whenever battery power is drained...

dconnors

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2009
[citation][nom]arlandi[/nom]Speaking as a father of 2 girls:The short battery life issue may be a good thing for children playing this gadget. since sometimes they can be glued to their games for a very long time. short battery life will force them to take a break and do other things (like study, do their homework, etc).Speaking as a gamer:i hope this thing will autosave whenever battery power is drained...[/citation]

Auto-saving is usually a game-side feature. There are two battery indicator lights that flash red once the battery is close to drained, so you should get plenty of warning so you can plug the 3DS in.

-Devin

G

I was really impress with this write up. My oldest was starting to get all starry-eyed about this. But I think that we can wait for the next generation and see if the battery life improves. Here in Southern Cali... 2.5 hours is a typical car ride (stoopid traffic)... and the DS lite can easily get us there and back.

Thanks for the article!

tom mccormick

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2011
Nintendo is coming up with its yet another console with the name of 3DS. it is there with some cool ranges of price and has got some of the best features available with itself. there are somethings in this game which are ought to make it above par than many other devices of same kind. Xpert4u.co.uk is a portal which i got a chance to visit and found it to be very innovative with all the cool offers on almost every game consoles.

Status
Not open for further replies.