Nintendo 3DS Launches, Already Hacked for R4

Status
Not open for further replies.

prunestida

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
No, it's just more money than I am willing to spend right now. I may purchase one in the future however right now I have no plans to.

wribbs

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2010
I already have a DSL I never use. I just find the games to be too crappy to spend my time on and certainly not my money.

If I had money to burn and an annoying kid to entertain then the 3DS would be interesting.

guanyu210379

Distinguished
Handhelds have never been my thing.
I have a PSP and it has been laying around somewhere in the ware house.
I have a HTC Desire with InsertCoin ROM and I don't use it for games.
Handhelds have simply too small screens to play.

itchyisvegeta

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2010
This company (Nintendo) does not have a flipping clue! They have a fantastic Virtual Console/Wii Ware setup, that for the last year, has not seen hardly ANY updates, despite the virtual console needing to come out a generation earlier. They could not only have kept that up to date, but had an account system, even half as good as XBOX LIVE or PS Online, and make the 3DS VC/WiiWare Account compatible. Basically, take all those titles (maybe not the n64 ones) and give them full 3DS compatibility with your account. There would already be a HUGE library for the 3DS before the system even launches, GBA games could be added which would also make them playable on the Wii, and the demand for the 3DS would go WAY up.

Look at the emulators and roms that you saw on the GBA flash cards, DS flash cards, Modded PSPs, and now on phones, if nintendo took advantage of that in a way that Steam looked at people dowloading PC games to make it legal, or even itunes took advantage of file sharing programs to make it legal, they would revolutionize the hand held market, like they used to do.

When the GBA could play NES roms with flash cards 6 years ago, Nintendo should have looked at themselves and went, DUDE!!! We gotta pull an itunes... NOW!

adamboy64

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2010
It's interesting how the previous cards that worked with the DS are working with the 3DS... it's also - concerning, perhaps.

I'm sure it won't be long before it's completely hacked; I just hope people will support the software developers of the games they play by purchasing the games - that's just being naive though.

I think I'll hold out on making a decision about the 3DS until it gets more for a lineup. Not much on launch appeals to me.

adamboy64

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2010
It's interesting that the card that worked with the original DS works with the 3DS straight off the bat. A bit concerning, even.

I know it's only a matter of time before it's completely hacked; I just hope that people will support the game developers by purchasing - I think that's being naive though.

As for a purchase, I think I'll wait to see what else comes out for it in the month ahead before making a decision - nothing on launch really appeals to me.

jasonpwns

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2010
The 3ds wasn't hacked then. Nintendo just didn't bother to change the DS bios/etc big whoop? Doesn't mean 3ds games are close to being hacked.

neoverdugo

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2010
When will nintendo learn??
Instead combating piracy they should focus on enhancing their next line of game consoles (both home based and portable based, after the 3ds of course) and give into the more mature gaming.

TheViper

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2006
It's just the same hacks for the DS stuff. The 3DS games and system features have not been hacked...likewise, the DSi features of the DSi haven't been hacked yet either.

pozaks

Distinguished
May 12, 2010
So it's really "The DS Is Still Hacked On The 3DS". Doesn't look like an inkling of progress towards actually hacking 3DS games.

kinggraves

Distinguished
May 14, 2010
The statement at the beginning alone says it doesn't involve 3DS games and that they had to hack the system just to use the DS cart. The only thing that proves is that the system can be hacked, which isn't surprising since there's no such thing as "unhackable".
This is a much better situation for Nintendo. In the past they were helpless against the flashcarts which required zero system modding, allowing anyone to just go buy a flash cart from a mod shop and follow instructions. With this "whitelist", the process has been complicated. They had to mod the system itself in order to get the cart to work, and Nintendo can patch to lock them out once more. They can't prevent piracy, but they can make it more difficult.

G

www.westside.ws - support the earthquake in Christchurch New Zealand!!

Status
Not open for further replies.