Nintendo 3DS Release Dates in 2011, Around $300

Status
Not open for further replies.

cknobman

Distinguished
May 2, 2006
~$300 LOL no thanks.

Personally for a pmp or handheld gaming device Id rather go with my android smart phone due to its versatility.

For my kids there is no way Im spending over $150 on a handheld gaming device.

Zenthar

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Am I the only one who finds the 300$ price tag a bit high? Even more so if you are (like me) completely indifferent to the 3D part of it. Couldn't they make a 200$ 2DS :p

thrust2night

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2007
$300 is too expensive. Nintendo should try working with a phone manufacturer like HTC and make a Nintendo DS or 3DS phone and portable console all-in-one. Then it would definitely be worth ~$300 with a 2 year contract.

geof2001

Distinguished
May 23, 2008
Lol for the same price as a console? I don't think so. I'm not buying 300 devices for my kids to walk around with and drop and break. As it is I only buy used ds's now or rather I should say once they've saved up enough allowance for me to get them a replacement when they break.

chomlee

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
personally, I think the handheld market is dying with all the things the phones can do nowadays. I know alot of people who just buy an Ipod touch, just so they can play games. For me, I have a Nintendo DS but ever since I got my HTC evo (android), I haven't touched my NDS.

chomlee

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
FYI, when I refered to the handheld market, I was talking about PSP, and NDS. I think Ipods/Iphones/Ipads/Androids/WEB OS?? are the way of the future.

pozaks

Distinguished
May 12, 2010
[citation][nom]geof2001[/nom]Lol for the same price as a console? I don't think so.[/citation]
Yeah the DS cost more than a Gamecube when it came out, and the PSP more than a PS2.

Not that I'm disagreeing in general that this is frikkin expensive, mind you.

Assmar

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2009
I don't think the price is that bad, it IS a brand new product, not smaller DS or a DS with a Camera or a pink DS, but an actual new platform for games. With all the devs and publishers that put out quality stuff on DS, this thing is tempting. Have you guys even seen SFIV 3D? Looks brilliant.

Assmar

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2009
[citation][nom]chomlee[/nom]FYI, when I refered to the handheld market, I was talking about PSP, and NDS. I think Ipods/Iphones/Ipads/Androids/WEB OS?? are the way of the future.[/citation]
How about some effing buttons, I can't pull off a dragon punch on a cussing touch screen. Convergence just dumbs down the functionality of a product, and it takes time before iterations of that new product will actually put out something that will please the majority of portable gamers. When the ipad gets something a little deeper than Angry Birds, then I'll be inclined to agree with you.

accolite

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
[citation][nom]assmar[/nom]How about some effing buttons, I can't pull off a dragon punch on a cussing touch screen. Convergence just dumbs down the functionality of a product, and it takes time before iterations of that new product will actually put out something that will please the majority of portable gamers. When the ipad gets something a little deeper than Angry Birds, then I'll be inclined to agree with you.[/citation]

Uh, that's what those things at the right are!?!

rooket

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
Why does it seem like in this crumbling economy, everything is getting more expensive? As if rich companies like Nintendo need more money? They have billions. How about doing something more useful with money than stuffing benjamins into Japan's pockets?

Status
Not open for further replies.