Nintendo Announces 3D Handheld, the 3DS

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dwave

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2006
Sorry, wrong quote, should have been:

dwave, is this the best response you can come up with to my very important question about if this new technology can play crysis or not? your response is overly worn out and shows that you don't have any wit to come up with a new funny or intelligent response. very disappointed in you dwave, very disappointed.

now someone please answer my very important question,
can it play crysis?

rooket

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
sheep will still flock to the DSI XL and then later realize they wasted their cash when a new true actual system is coming out and possibly have to trade in their many rehashes of the original DS system in for it plus an extra $100 or so.

maestintaolius

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]haze4peace[/nom]Wow this is a great idea for a handheld. I guarantee they are using the Parallax method of 3d, which would work perfect for a handheld since only one person is using it at a time. The problem with this technology is the 3d only works from certain viewpoints so if it was in a TV you would have to sit on the "sweet spot" on your couch to see the 3d. Not a problem with a handheld. Sweet idea nintendo![/citation]
Yeah, I'm guessing this is what they're doing too, considering Hitachi, which makes the same display for their phone, is also one of nintendo's lcd suppliers.

athreex

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2008
Woah the DS is like a Transformer. It has morphed like gazillion times. DS, DS-L, DSI, DSI-XL, 3DS.

BTW, several commenters were discussing about the technology to be employed on this new DS iteration. Let's just wait to see what they come up with. I don't know if I'm wrong but, 3D with glasses is called stereoscopic 3D. 3D without the glasses is auto-stereoscopic 3D. There were some recent news here on TG about Samsung working on this 3D format.

Status
Not open for further replies.